• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange behaviour?! Plus I NEED sleep.

Soph1992

Warren Scout
Ok so the rabbits are still split up. Puppy pen in half so they can see smell each other etc. This last week Rascal the female has been going mad of a morning! Ie biting the bars, running round, throwing things and loads of digging and just generally making lots of noise. Flo the male is fine as usual and pretty quite and looks settled. I having been having naps at lunch time in work she is waking me up that much. This usually happens in the morning say from around 6am. So to try and settle her down I put a bit of veg in or something for her to do.

She has loads of toys in there, which she does use (should never of gotten those jingle balls that make a sound!) but I am just concerned as she looks and sounds unsettled especially the chewing of the bars, and it's always on the side were she can see flo aswell. This morning I was so angry and tired :( I just let her run around the room instead. Not so noisy. Any way why do you think shes doing this? Does she just want to get into see flo, but just confused as of a night when were chilling in our room she is fine! It's always the morning. I'm even thinking of getting ear plugs.

They have to stay in the bedroom aswell, can't go any were else until our other room is finished (3-4 months away).

So any help?!

Thanks Sophie

That sounds about right because that's her most active time of day, so she is going to want to get out and about and do stuff. Equally, you're rewarding her behaviour by giving her what she wants, or giving her other attention, so she is going to carry on doing it.

To be honest, it's tough to beat but will hopefully ease once she has more space and a boyfriend. Until then you might just find it easier to let her out overnight, or when she wakes you up (as long as it's safe, obviously).

Ye the whole rewarding her thing i did think about that, but I just wanted sleep!!! They do catch of fast though ! Yep I let her out and got back in bed, then she just tickled my feet with her ears :lol: better then making all that noise.

I wonder why just over this last week it's started and never before?

Thanks skyO!

It's coming up to the start of breeding season so her instinct will be telling her to get active!

Are you planning to bond them both?

BREEDING SEASON!! you have just hit the nail of the head. I know it sounds very silly but they have been ALOT more interested in each other recently, flirting I would say :?

Yes I am. Flo getting done 24th Feb (had to move it back as going away) the rascal 16th march. Then I need to wait 6 weeks until the male stops being active ... Is that correct? Oh I can't wait I just want them back together now!!!

Back