• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My dad has been a very busy man- upgraded accommodation

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
And don't we all appreciate it!

He has spent time over the past few months (bit here and there) converting the 6ft by 2ft double storey hutch to make it the best it could be, and he has just finished joining it, using the Runaround System, to a 5ft by 5ft run.

Oh The Dopeys and Lightning LOVE it!

I'm so grateful to my dad and I love it too.

6ft by 2ft double storey hutch (and Lightning)

20111028_11.jpg

Showing the roll down plastics- both levels have this and they can be hung at any height over the front, depending on what is needed.

20111028_19.jpg

5ft by 5ft run, without full weather proofing on

20111028_13.jpg

20111028_14.jpg

How it's joined

20111028_12.jpg

20111028_16.jpg

The inside Runaround join

20111028_15.jpg

View from each end (with all weather proofing on)

20111028_17.jpg

20111028_18.jpg

One Dopey and Lightning can do the tunnel both ways, one Dopey can do it one way, but I haven't seen her do it up the other way- the only way I will know is if they are both in the hutch together.

I'm chuffed :D

That looks brilliant and i'm sure your buns will love it :)

it's awsome having a dad that is prepared to help out isn't it, mine helps with every animal related project i can think of :)

that looks great :thumb: they will be such cosy bunnies with still lots of room to play come the colder months :love::thumb:

That's cool :D I'm thinking of using runaround when we eventually build a run to attach to Daisy and Digby's kennel :)

What a fab set up! You must be so thrilled, especially as your dad is obviously a good handyman (mine too). I hope you've told him how appreciative you are :) big hugs go a long way and are more precious than anything else :thumb:

Thanks everyone :d My dad is chuffed with what he has done and will enjoy your comments, I'm sure :D

do you let them in the run when your out,i have a simalar set up just dont know if to let them in the run when im out

Yes, they will have permanent access to the run unless it's exceptionally, exceptionally cold.

What a fab set up! You must be so thrilled, especially as your dad is obviously a good handyman (mine too). I hope you've told him how appreciative you are :) big hugs go a long way and are more precious than anything else :thumb:

:? Of course he knows how much I appreciate all he has done. I've made it very clear. Can't think why I wouldn't really.

Fantastic! I love it :D
I love the way the bunnies look so tiny in their hutch - it must be huge. And you must get a video of them popping out of the hole!!

The bunnies all weigh between 1.3-1.5kg so are pretty tiny.

Getting video shouldn't be difficult :D The way they charge through it is awesome.

When I left them tonight I had given them some pellets and then put in loads of hay and left Lightning peering in the tunnel from one end and The Dopeys peering back at him from the other. 'You got any pellets in there?', 'nope, you got any in there?' Just tickled me :lol:

That looks brilliant and its really weird but my dad just did some weather proofing on our run today. He used the same corrugated sheets as yours did and some roll up roll down plastics for the wind and rain. Dads are awesome :)

Thanks guys :D

The Dopeys and Lightning are loving it and able to use it very successfully, choosing between the hutch and the run for where to be (for a Dopey, that's a pretty hefty choice :lol:). I'm so chuffed for them :D

Message for sky-O do you mind me asking were do you get the black tunnel tube qand the green part that attaches it to the cage and run ?? PM me ? thanks

And don't we all appreciate it!

He has spent time over the past few months (bit here and there) converting the 6ft by 2ft double storey hutch to make it the best it could be, and he has just finished joining it, using the Runaround System, to a 5ft by 5ft run.

Oh The Dopeys and Lightning LOVE it!

I'm so grateful to my dad and I love it too.

6ft by 2ft double storey hutch (and Lightning)

20111028_11.jpg

Showing the roll down plastics- both levels have this and they can be hung at any height over the front, depending on what is needed.

20111028_19.jpg

5ft by 5ft run, without full weather proofing on

20111028_13.jpg

20111028_14.jpg

How it's joined

20111028_12.jpg

20111028_16.jpg

The inside Runaround join

20111028_15.jpg

View from each end (with all weather proofing on)

20111028_17.jpg

20111028_18.jpg

One Dopey and Lightning can do the tunnel both ways, one Dopey can do it one way, but I haven't seen her do it up the other way- the only way I will know is if they are both in the hutch together.

I'm chuffed :D

Back