• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The General - Binkying Free Now

Jerseylotte

Warren Scout
:cry: So many tears it's unbearable, I keep expecting him to come nosing around a corner.

Our wonderful boy has gone, born on January 10th 2010, nothing could have prepared me for how we lost you this last month, you were always the most freespirited little guy, you ruled the roost and you made our home happy.

woundwort4.jpg

woundwort2.jpg

Chronic stasis took your spirit away these past weeks and it hurt me so much to see you so unhappy, but there were days in between where the real you shone through, the other night when I was reading and you came and sat on the arm of the sofa and asked for nose to nose rubs, I laughed because you had never done it before. Just yesterday morning you were mountain climbing on me and exploring.

ahhh.jpg

ahhh2.jpg

I feel relief that you are free from it all, but I am devastated that I have lost a part of my family, my other favourite guy is gone and I'll never see you again.

DSC_0019-1.jpg

pooface.jpg

Last night I lay with you my arms, nose to nose and I knew I would have to say goodbye, I could see you were leaving and I could no longer make you stay. I thought we had years together, plenty of time to fight arthritis and give dental disease whatfor!

rarrr.jpg

Every morning I woke up and you greeted me with a new day of chewed t-shirts, a quick poo in the lounge litter tray and just enough time to sit on top of the sofa and survey me getting ready for work, a fight to get you back in the kitchen and always a second "love you poo!" shouted around the door as I tried to make my escape.

DSC_0201.jpg

You kept me company in my nocturnal times, sitting on the back of the sofa while I read till the small hours or worked on the computer.

DSC_0202.jpg

But I'll never have that again. I did my very best for you and I should thank you for all of the laughs and amazing times you gave.
Like I told you when I held you and you sniffed at me for the last time this morning;
You were loved, you have been so loved!

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

Thank you so much guys. My eyes are sore and I just keep thinking "Oh I'll pop in the kitchen and see the boy... oh wait." :(

It doesn't seem real and I just don't know how we lived before him, our house is so lonely, full of TV sounds and snakes in vivariums, but it just isn't the same as a little bolshy chap prancing about wherever he chooses.

I'm so sorry :cry: I know the feeling about the kitchen :cry: When Nino died I didn't go in for a day or two. You did your very best for him and you were with him at the end, that would have given him great comfort x

Oh gosh, he was such a special boy and your love for him radiated from your tribute :love: Im so sorry you lost him, i know how agonisinh it is to lose a beloved bun :cry:

Sweet dreams beautiful boy xxxxx

You guys are a wonderful help, thank you for all of your support.

I got a PM done by a colleague and the explanation can be found here for anyone interested;
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showpost.php?p=4875918&postcount=18

My partner Jay is a stiff upper lip man but I know how he is hurting inside really, tonight I brought The General home after his PM and Jay already knew where he wanted to bury him.

We drove to the cliffs above Bouley Bay and in the early evening light, took a walk through the bracken and long grass, looking for the right place. Facing the sea we found a little place beside an Oak tree, brambles fruiting nearby and wild rabbit scrapes in the soft ground.
As we placed him in his last burrow, Jay stroked his face and I cried seeing his tough exterior broken, I rubbed his nose and we covered him over. As we walked slowly back to the car two wild buns stamped off under the bracken, I reckon they've gone to let the boss know there's a new guy in town.

Run forever under the open sky my beautiful child.:love:

jrsey3048.jpg

Last edited:
What a wonderful tribute to your little man! You have chosen a beautiful resting place for him, he couldnt have asked for anything better.

Binky free sweet boy xx

Back