• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you bond

If you dont have a neutral area can you neutralise with vinegar/ disinfectant and move things so that its different?

Hmmm - it's ok - i was just wondering.

The bathroom isnt an option - it's not safe for them. I suppose it's impossible to neutralise outside space too?

Certainly can make it difficult......I had a very stressful failed bond cos I tried in the garden. A month on and my nerves are just about repaired to try again but indoors!!!!

Bonding on non neutral territory can lead to fights and extensive injuries to rabbits. If you are looking to bond it is essential to prepare your accodmodation in advance so that you have some area which has been thoroughly cleaned and does not smell of either bunny.

It is also important when expanding their territory that any new territory is totally neutral.

I have done before, but i didn't trust the bond was a successful one, despite no fighting etc, so i seperated.

I also bonded on neutral territory then moved to unneutral too soon and ended up with two buns that didn't get on and had to seperate.

I have bonded in another buns enclosure entirely, so there is the smell of rabbit, but not the ones i was bonding at the time. That worked out fine.

The most successful and lasting bonds are done on neutral territory as rabbits are quite a dominant species among their own. The pairs i've matched up this way have been fine and i feel safe leaving them together longterm.

It is possible yes, but not recommended.

Thank you.

I can only do my best with the resources i have. I have made back up plans and am willing to resort to them if necessary.

I will really research this though - i think i have about 2 months before it will happen (if it does).

Back