• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woof!!! U/D p.24 more pictures!

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
Mia.jpg

:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
I had a dog like her, he was a brilliant kind dog and lived until he was almost 17 years old, wonderful dog

Good luck

I know it's not the best picture, but doesn't she look PERFECT! :love:

......black animals are my favourite! :love::love:

She's a two year old lab x ridgeback. Grown up with children and cats. She has a problem with jumping up but, like I said on the other thread, she's had an unsettled year, as her owner was going through a lot, so I'm sure she'll respond well to a stable home. I plan to take her to some classes to help. :)

Jumping is luckily an easy one to rectify&mainly happiness&excitement. Sorry. Didn't see all if other thread - came straight to nose at pic. Teehee. Classes are great for stimulation. Our pup used to come back exhausted. Good luck. Looking forward to more pics.x

so have you got her now? How are the buns reacting??

Mine are all petrified of dogs - when Vicki comes round they all run away if she smells of the dogs! Sweet Pea used to go into petrification at the smell of a dog as he had been attacked.

But then I am petrified of dogs too:oops:

Ooops just saw pvs post.

so have you got her now? How are the buns reacting??

Mine are all petrified of dogs - when Vicki comes round they all run away if she smells of the dogs!

But then I am petrified of dogs too:oops:

No, not got her yet.

My buns aren't phased by dogs at all. With visiting dogs they've never even showed that they've noticed them. :lol::lol:
(In fact they met a gorgeous Golden Retriever at the vets today, called Boris.)

Our neighbour has a Staffy, who's very curious through the fence, so they've always had that "dog" smell there. Maybe that's helped.:?

She's used to cats, but I do realise it's still going to be a delicate operation introducing them. (and I'd never leave ANY dog with the buns, no matter how well they get on.)

Don't worry....I won't bring her to yours at all! ;) :lol:

Last edited:
Please do some research in to Ridgebacks before you actually take her on.

My friend has one they are very hard work.

She looks lovely and may not be any trouble as she's a cross but I think your better warned then taking a risk with a small child and rabbits.

Please do some research in to Ridgebacks before you actually take her on.

My friend has one they are very hard work.

She looks lovely and may not be any trouble as she's a cross but I think your better warned then taking a risk with a small child and rabbits.

Thanks! :)I've done research on them, so know what to expect. She seems to have taken more lab attributes though, from what her owner tells me. I'm not going into it lightly.

All dogs can be dangerous around kids and buns, unfortunately. It's about finding the right dog for your family, and taking all the precautions. :)

Last edited:
When she jumps up turn away from her fold your arms and do not look at her or speak to her, only give attention when all four paws are on the ground, get everybody else who she comes into contact to do the same and she will soon learn that only when she has all four paws on the ground will she get rewards, praise and fuss

I love black animals too :love::love:

Back