• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy 12th Gotcha Day Salem!

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Happy 12th gotcha day Salem! :wave:

Salem, my best friend in the whole wide world, came to live with me 12 years ago today.

He came with his brother Jake, gorgeous 9 week old kittens, from someone who couldn't look after them any more.

Since I showed 'the best of Salem' on his birthday recently, this time I've scanned a bunch of old pics.

Here's Salem as a tiny kitten, with his brother Jake. Jake was killed by a car when he was only 6 months old. :cry: RIP Jake xx
SalemJake1b.jpg

Some pics from Salem's second house, when I was 19...
SalemGDay4b.jpg

SalemGDay5b.jpg

Snuggled up with Nugget and Scratchy...
SalemGDay10b.jpg

Just after we moved to the current house, 11 years ago...
SalemGDay1b.jpg

SalemGDay6b.jpg

SalemGDay9b.jpg

SalemGDay8b.jpg

SalemGDay11b.jpg

Showing off the awful carpet that came with the house...
SalemGDay2bx.jpg

SalemGDay7b.jpg

So happy 12th gotcha day to my best friend Salem! I love you Salem! :love:

SalemGDay3b.jpg

It took me over an hour to make this thread! :shock: I hope he appreciates it! :lol:

I'm glad I've got some of the old pics scanned though, just in case. It's a rather time consuming process though!

Happy Gotcha Day Salem (love the name) xxx

I was 18 when I got him, and had wanted a black cat called Salem for a long time! He's not entirely black, but it was close enough for me! :)

I thought I was being really original! :oops: I've since heard of loads of cats called Salem. I know there's at least one other on RU!

His brother, Jake, was named after the cat from the Disney film, The Cat From Outer Space. :)

Back