• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pick up my first A & P pellets today. 23% Fibre!!!

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone else used these? I thought I would give them a go and see if I could stop having to feed Pro fibre to help the sticky bottoms that Excel cause. They are so much cheaper than Excel too.

I switched over to them about a month ago and I am sooooo impressed!! My bunnies poops are lovely and big and golden and their coats are looking lovely and shiney!!

Wouldn't use anything else now!

Has anyone else used these? I thought I would give them a go and see if I could stop having to feed Pro fibre to help the sticky bottoms that Excel cause. They are so much cheaper than Excel too.

Thats interesting. I won't change now, but thats a really good fibre content.

Only thing is, it depends what type of fibre.

Buns need ~3mm minimum length i think it is for the fibre to help the GI tract? (*calls thumps_* to the thread)

I bought one sack of them about 2 - 2.5 years ago as a lot of forum members were recommending them. As I had only 4 rabbits at that time I couldn't get through a whole sack in the time before the best before but they still worked out good value.

Tink developed a respiratory tract infection around the same time which took quite a while to shift. None of the bunnies were enthusiastic about the A&P pellets. After a while quite a few forum members were saying older and health compromised bunnies seemed to lose condition on the pellets so I swapped back to Excel/SS. Tink's condition may have been a one-off and a coincidence that it was the same time as the pellets (she had had a pregnancy at 14 weeks earlier that year so no wonder her system was taking a bit of a dip). The pellets do, on paper look, a really good choice. I've not used them since but I still watch for recommendations as the price/fibre content is really good.

That is all very interesting. It really is amazing how all our different rabbit s have different needs and there is no size that fits all! Even if I can get some of them onto them I would be happy. I don't give many in summer anyway with the grass being so good. I have six rabbits at the moment, 3 of my own and 3 fosters so am hoping to try and save a bit!

Graham - got my meadow hay yesterday and the rabbits are ALL loving it. Their noses disappeared into the pile of hay immediately and it was a while before they came up for air. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My lot love allen and page now that I have tracked it down !! I have 17 bunnies so easily get through a bag before out of date, they all seem healthy and have lovely coats and is kind to their tums !! Only down side is that bags are so heavy !!!!

All mine are on allen and page pellets all love it My eldest are daisy and maisy at 7 and roger at 8 they have been on them for 7 years and are thriving on them :D

That is all very interesting. It really is amazing how all our different rabbit s have different needs and there is no size that fits all! Even if I can get some of them onto them I would be happy. I don't give many in summer anyway with the grass being so good. I have six rabbits at the moment, 3 of my own and 3 fosters so am hoping to try and save a bit!

Graham - got my meadow hay yesterday and the rabbits are ALL loving it. Their noses disappeared into the pile of hay immediately and it was a while before they came up for air. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Awesome :)

I'm going to order a 4.8 bag of meadow next time - B&G seem to have a slight preference to that over the Ings right now :)

Would love to try some different hay, without being a little dense how big is 4.8 compared to farm bale !!??

Would love to try some different hay, without being a little dense how big is 4.8 compared to farm bale !!??

small :oops: :lol:

4.8Kg's is what i buy, but a hale is often 15kg to 25kg depending on supplier :) It's also ALOT more expensive than baled hay.

hmmm maybe not then !! have 17 little people to feed !!! farm bales is then , :)

Little monkeys go through one bale a week so I think anything else would cost me a small hay fortune !!!

Everyone grumpy as raining !!

We have Allen & Page, with 6 bunnies it just about works out enough for us to get through before the best before date (one of the big sacks I mean). You can buy it in smaller quantities from Bunny Bazaar.

Back