• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I wsh i was standing where my vet was

when Dolly had her claws clipped today!!

She seemed to be enjoying her self, got her out of the carrier and popped her on the table and instead of immediately trying to jump back onto me, she sat bolt upright periscoping at the vet!!! :lol:

She even held her little pose while he clipped her front paws! He thinks she was giving him evils, but i think she was flirting, he was quite dishy ;)

She she wasnt even bothered about going back into the carrier! :roll:

ETA: Has anyones vet every injected a weeny bit of the myxi vaccine into the base of the ear before administering the rest into the back of the neck :?

when Dolly had her claws clipped today!!

She seemed to be enjoying her self, got her out of the carrier and popped her on the table and instead of immediately trying to jump back onto me, she sat bolt upright periscoping at the vet!!! :lol:

She even held her little pose while he clipped her front paws! He thinks she was giving him evils, but i think she was flirting, he was quite dishy ;)

She she wasnt even bothered about going back into the carrier! :roll:

ETA: Has anyones vet every injected a weeny bit of the myxi vaccine into the base of the ear :?

:shock::lol::lol::lol:

YEP!!!:wave: My vet does the ear thing!!! Its the right thing to do!!!

Isnt your girlie a little flirt!! My lot scuttle across the table....its ME who wants to be taken into the vets strong arms, and.:oops::oops::oops::oops:

YEP!!!:wave: My vet does the ear thing!!! Its the right thing to do!!!
Isnt your girlie a little flirt!! My lot scuttle across the table....its ME who wants to be taken into the vets strong arms, and.:oops::oops::oops::eek:ops:

I didnt doubt him, but i didnt understand when he was explaining it to me :?

:lol::lol::lol: Ive read all about your fantasies with the veterinarian!! :lol: ;)

Awwwwww. :love::love:

Re. the myxi, to offer full protection approx 10% of the vaccine is supposed to go just under the skin. That part is often done in the ear since it's easier to see.

My vet does it as part of the main jab though (into the back of the neck) but retracts the needle slightly at the end.

Hehe, aaw! :love:
At least she co-operated! Pipkin usually has a bit of a periscope when we first arrive at the vet but it's usually to judge which is the best shoulder to take a flying leap onto :roll:

My vet does the myxi vac all into the scruff but pulls back a bit at the end so the last bit goes in the skin. I know lots of people do it in the ear though.

Hehe, aaw! :love:
At least she co-operated! Pipkin usually has a bit of a periscope when we first arrive at the vet but it's usually to judge which is the best shoulder to take a flying leap onto :roll:My vet does the myxi vac all into the scruff but pulls back a bit at the end so the last bit goes in the skin. I know lots of people do it in the ear though.

THIS is what she usually does :lol: she tried it once she finally realised what was going on, but i caught her in time. She must have been mesmorised by his eyes :lol:

Back