• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help please?:D

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
I have a question about herbs..
Just a little bit of background for you: my bunnies get a handful of exel, unlimited hay and about a cup of veggies each every day. (Normally spring greens, leafy greens etc, plus some coriander and parsley etc)
Recently I've noticed benji's poos have gotten smaller and less fibrous again, plus they're sometimes quite soft. Also, cupcake seems to have excess ceacals, some of which have been less than perfectly formed..

So I took away their veggies for a day, and over the past week I've been reintroducing them one at a time to see what's causing the problem. And for both ben and cuppy its the leafy greens, but they seemed to thrive on the herbs. Does anyone feed their bunnies herbs exclusively instead of veggies? I think mine would really benefit from it. If so, what ones do you feed daily? I want them to have variety really... And I'm sure nahla won't mind having just herbs, they're her favourite anyway!

Of course they'll still get the occasional treat of a piece of carrot etc like usual:)

Last edited:
It would be fine to just leave out the problem veg and have only herbs, they have unlimited hay thats the main thing!

I feed my two.....basil, parsley, coriander, mint, tarragon, dill, thyme, lemon thyme (they dont LOVE this, but they get it when it is reduced!) and rosemary.

Basically everything apart from Chives!

Out of interest Chloe, where do you get the leafy greens from?

(There is a reason im asking!)

It would be fine to just leave out the problem veg and have only herbs, they have unlimited hay thats the main thing!

I feed my two.....basil, parsley, coriander, mint, tarragon, dill, thyme, lemon thyme (they dont LOVE this, but they get it when it is reduced!) and rosemary.

Basically everything apart from Chives!

Oooh thanks!:)

Prebagged usually:)

Shame they coat them all in chrlorine isnt it :(

Hope cutting them out helps :)

B&G hadn't had spring greens for about 3 weeks up until tuesday when my OH found some in our local veggie shop, wrong time of year i guess :wave:

Shame they coat them all in chrlorine isnt it :(

Hope cutting them out helps :)

B&G hadn't had spring greens for about 3 weeks up until tuesday when my OH found some in our local veggie shop, wrong time of year i guess :wave:

I know:(
I'm looking forward to giving them a variety

I have had to stop giving charlie and grace spring greens and it seemed to make them really "loose" i just stick with herbs and the occasional cauli leaves now. xxx

What sort of herbs do you feed them?:wave: xxx

I feed casper and poppy some basil they love that :) i had to leave it in there hutch for a little while untill they touched it though, herbs can have a very strong smell to get used to, but now they cant get enough of it :lol:

I feed casper and poppy some basil they love that :) i had to leave it in there hutch for a little while untill they touched it though, herbs can have a very strong smell to get used to, but now they cant get enough of it :lol:

Thanks:) I'm going to get them a little selection after work:)

Louie only eats herbs, corriander, parsley, dill, he doesn't like spring greens/carrots/veg.

Back