• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urgent - Brown Snot/ Choking

snowyx

New Kit
My rabbit is looking horrible, he is having trouble breathing and brown snot is coming out his nose.
his head is pointing up in the air and he is running about everywhere

HELP!!!!!

My rabbit is looking horrible, he is having trouble breathing and brown snot is coming out his nose.
his head is pointing up in the air and he is running about everywhere

HELP!!!!!

Get your rabbit to a vet, right now. No questions asked.

Don't go posting on a forum!

Go, now.

Get your rabbit to a vet, right now. No questions asked.

Don't go posting on a forum!

Go, now.

i cant, im only 16 i have no parents around, no car around either and my mum has made an appointment for later from work.

anything i can do while i wait?

i cant, im only 16 i have no parents around, no car around either and my mum has made an appointment for later from work.

anything i can do while i wait?

Call the vet? How long do you have to wait until someone is home?

I am seriously concerned that your bunny needs emergency vet treatment, like now. Do you have any neighbours/friends who could take you?

I would get a bus/taxi/train if need be.

Rabbits go downhill so fast, that by the time they look ill, it is serious.

Is the rabbit inside now? I would bring them in if not, so they are warm, as by the sounds of their problems, it probably can't regulate its temperature.

Where are you located?

Call the vet? How long do you have to wait until someone is home?

I am seriously concerned that your bunny needs emergency vet treatment, like now. Do you have any neighbours/friends who could take you?

he seems to have stopped sneezing snot and he looks like he is trying to clean himself, my mum is on her way home now

Get to vet any way you can!!!
Had a rabbit exactly the same... died at the emergency vet.. pneumonia!!
No time to waste

Hope your mum can help you get your bunny to vet really quickly. Sending huge vibes that he will be ok :cry:

im in caterham,surrey

he is indoors, in the kitchen he has been up there for a week because previously he was sneezing but it was clear not brown. we went ot the vet and he said he was an allergy to something, hes been okay for 2 days and now this :S

i will post responses when i come back

thanks all you guys are awesome!!!!

im in caterham,surrey

he is indoors, in the kitchen he has been up there for a week because previously he was sneezing but it was clear not brown. we went ot the vet and he said he was an allergy to something, hes been okay for 2 days and now this :S

i will post responses when i come back

thanks all you guys are awesome!!!!

Really hope your bunny is alright. Sending all the vibes in the world for him.

Hope the vet can help... :(

Back