• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moved threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettylupin

Wise Old Thumper
Wondering why some semi-health threads have been moved to Health overnight, and other semi-health threads have been left in rabbit chat?
Can understand trying to tidy up the sections.... but confused as to how threads are categorised if they are semi health and semi chatting about a poorly bun or asking non-specific health questions.. and more chatty ones?
Just wondering if the mod that moved them could explain the reasons so we all know how to post correctly in the right section?? :? :wave:

No idea, it wasn't me. But I suspect it was because we don't have time to read them all so the person who did it only saw those that they moved.

Can someone please explain 'why' they were moved though. Finding it hard to understand where to post correctly for certain questions that are neither health nor rabbit chat! :wave:

I hope that is a reasonable question to ask?

iT'S ACTUALLY very upsetting when it happens with no explanation when its about a seriously ill rabbit

Which is why I posted this thread Jane - on yours and Thumps's behalves as I know how much support you both derive from your threads being in a section where people read them regularly and look for updates :wave:

I was unsure about where to put my question about electric clippers this morning. I hadnt thought it was so important to put it in the correct section.:? ITo me its about health care but some may think its general chat.:?

It was much better when all rabbit related stuff was kept in rabbit chat. A lot of Health problems get missed now there are sub sections.

Thumper's thread had sat in Rabbit Chat since 29/4.

We're following a totally new approach both medically & in diet for a "megacolon" bun, now past 5 years old.

Having a bun going into ileus for 12-18 hours every 3-4 days was nerve wracking & both physically & emotionally exhausting to put it mildly.
I was more than grateful for the emotional support, & to have experienced bunny owners quietly keeping tabs that I wasn't forgetting anything.

I have noticed a large readership which does not post. Many of the things we have learned together are helpful for straight forward stasis buns.
It is a pity that it was moved before I see my vet on Fri, to ask what proportion of the problem is due to loss of nerves & what proportion due to dysbiosis & toxin production. I think we can do something about the latter now.

ETA The only people who lose out, are those with stasis prone buns & who may have been following this thread for clues about management, especially at this critical stage.

The tidy up hasn't been very effective as there is a post about a degu ear in health.

Last edited:
I only gave an update on Anne and because I mentioned she was deaf she's been moved to health so anybody wanting to follow her progress won't get to see it:?

I assumed people would use the health sections to post questions to which other members could respond if they had the knowledge.

It's nice to see the progress of bunnies who have ongoing problems in Rabbit Chat - far fewer people look in Health because they either don't have a question to post or don't feel they have any knowledge to impart.

It would be nice to follow the progress of buns like Anne, Thumper and Eddie/Lizzie etc in the Rabbit Chat section.

I assumed people would use the health sections to post questions to which other members could respond if they had the knowledge.

It's nice to see the progress of bunnies who have ongoing problems in Rabbit Chat - far fewer people look in Health because they either don't have a question to post or don't feel they have any knowledge to impart.

It would be nice to follow the progress of buns like Anne, Thumper and Eddie/Lizzie etc in the Rabbit Chat section.

^^^^ this - especially the last bit

Hi guys, we're really not sure who moved them. I tend to agree that ones asking for support should stay in rabbit chat and others asking health questions in health. I think that's how its always been done, it was probably just an oversight.

Hi guys, we're really not sure who moved them. I tend to agree that ones asking for support should stay in rabbit chat and others asking health questions in health. I think that's how its always been done, it was probably just an oversight.

Well it would be courteous if whoever did move these threads could atleast explain why as great upset has been caused to a few long-standing members (who give up a lot of their time to help other members with health threads on this forum - not something which all members take the time to do!) by doing so, or at the very least exercise consistency by continuing to move threads which are 'health' related and not asking for support/vibes that continue to appear in rabbit chat. Because neither has happened the few members whose threads were moved are not suprisingly feeling a bit persecuted by the whole experience. (Not me, I couldn't care less that my thread about repeat prescriptions was moved... it's not exactly important but those with long term sick/terminally ill buns have every right IMO to feel unfairly treated).

No doubt I have broken some rule now by even expressing my feelings on this on their behalves :roll:

Well it would be courteous if whoever did move these threads could atleast explain why as great upset has been caused to a few long-standing members (who give up a lot of their time to help other members with health threads on this forum - not something which all members take the time to do!) by doing so, or at the very least exercise consistency by continuing to move threads which are 'health' related and not asking for support/vibes that continue to appear in rabbit chat. Because neither has happened the few members whose threads were moved are not suprisingly feeling a bit persecuted by the whole experience. (Not me, I couldn't care less that my thread about repeat prescriptions was moved... it's not exactly important but those with long term sick/terminally ill buns have every right IMO to feel unfairly treated).

No doubt I have broken some rule now by even expressing my feelings on this on their behalves :roll:

Hi
There's no need to be rude, we give up our free time also to help on the forum and are often very busy. I don't think it's your place to say people are feeling persecuted when they haven't said so themselves. Frankly the idea is ridiculous, I already said it was probably an oversight- or overzealous moving of threads is more correct. Please be polite, no need for :roll:

Will report your post so someone can get back to you.

If a thread is obviously a health related thread (as in the title or text) then I will move it to the health section or whichever relevant section a thread should go in. Some threads are a little more complicated in terms of the content and which section fits best and we just have to judge where best we think it should go.
Alot of members (not the thread starter)also report threads asking us to move them to the correct sections.
I move threads regularly and no-one else has ever batted an eyelid.
There is no way I or the other mods have time to PM every member whose post we move as we usually spend most of our time online moving threads, answering queries, checking reported posts and actually have very little time to enjoy reading other peoples posts! We do this voluntarily and I think we do a very good job!

You can easily find your post/others posts by looking on your or the members profile and clicking statistics and then there recent posts and threads will show up for you to choose from.

You can also find all new posts if you click on New Posts at the top of the page so you don't miss out on updates instead of looking through all sections.

The idea of different sections is to make sure that important threads don't get lost within a few hours because the general and rabbit chat sections are very fast moving and someone with an important/urgent question may not get many replies if their thread drops to page 2 or 3 within hours/one day.

You can't make other members look in all sections so you can't blame them or the forum if your thread doesn't get many replies, it's usually the thread title that draws someone to a thread so maybe think about how to word a title to interest members.

:wave:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back