• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Myxi Jab

rachylou

Warren Veteran
As most of you know, Jimby has not been very well the past few days with unknowen cause of loss of appitete.
He is booked in to have his Myxi jab next Tuesday but I am nervous as last time he had a bad reaction to it, problem is we are ment to be going away for our 1 year Wedding Anniversary leaving on Friday 18th so do not want to do the jab too close to when we leave as obviously if he is not well I am not going to leave him, which is why we booked it in for 2 weeks before.
What do you think we should do?

Who will look after him while you are away? Are they able to recognise any early signs of problems? Do your vet nurses offer bunny boarding could he go there while you are away?

I can imagine how you feel, we nearly booked a holiday at Easter, I'm so glad we didn't as Charlie was very ill and we would have cancelled the ferry :lol::lol::lol:

I have BEGGED my best friend and her hubby to stay at ours and bunny sit for us, she is with him a lot of the time so undertands what to look out for, I have also said ANY probelms call me and I will be back straight away!!
I do not want to go and leave him but I guess we can not not ever go away again :lol: I will miss my little man so much, he is my baby! :love:

Your vet will assess before vaccinating that Jimby is up to a vaccination. If he is under parr, feverish or unwell in any way it is unlikely he will be vaccinated, as it isn't a good idea to vaccinate a bunny who's immune system is already under stress. However, if Jimby is given a good bill of health i'm sure he will be fine, and i'm sure your friend will keep a close eye on him. Try not to worry.

As for holidays..... what are those?? :roll::lol:
Have a lovely trip away. x

I am worried about tomorrow, I really do not want Jimby to become ill after having his jab like he did last time. :cry:

Back