• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big saved the day

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
I put Smurfy and Coco Chanel outside on the grass to play. I was out there with them for the first half hour and the second half hour I sat inside wearing my rabbit/garden coat with the patio doors open. I was facing the patio doors and was about 2 feet away while on the computer. I posted on the forum. When I went to bring Smurf & Coco in, Coco was missing.

I searched everywhere in the garden, went to neighbours gardens, looked down the avenue. No Coco. It was awful, she is only few months old and would get eaten by the local foxes if I didn't find her. I looked for about an hour calling her name. I phoned Bunnymadhouse up in desperation. Just before she answered I let Big and Beige out and told them to find Coco. I was hoping if Coco was still somewhere in my garden (it was going dusk and she is a brown rabbit so hard to see) she would come out to be with Big and Beige as she is always wanting to visit their run when she is out playing.

As I was talking to Bunnymadhouse I noticed Big was preoccupied, I told Angie I thought Big had found her and sure enough when I went to check, there Coco was. She had jumped into the guinea pig run (which the pigs were in at the time) and there is a fenced off part between my patio and the garden fence. I blocked it off years ago when I got the bunnies as they would go up this gap at bedtime to avoid being caught and taken in. It's all covered with prickle plants and stuff and now near impossible for a human to retrieve a bunny from and it's also very dark up there.

Anyway Coco sat near the entrance and just let me pick her up and bring her in. I can't tell you how relieved I felt. I could never have forgiven myself if she had escaped out of my garden never to be seen again.

I now have a stress headache and need to go to bed, but at least now she is back I will sleep tonight. This has taught me never to take the safety of my bunnies for granted.

Buttercup: Well done Big!

Dandelion: Yeah, well done. You deserve extra noms for that ;)

Clover: Did somebody mention food?

Blackberry: Oooh - you got to visit piggies! I'd like to visit our piggies, but they're bigger'n me and might sit on me and squash me.....

Big ...what a clever clever bunny you are .. :D

and Coco ... what a silly billy ...dont you dare scare mummy like that again . :no::no::no:

I'm so glad it had a happy ending - Coco is obviously better at hiding than Miss Lavender was the other day!!

Big ...what a clever clever bunny you are .. :D

and Coco ... what a silly billy ...dont you dare scare mummy like that again . :no::no::no:

Ditto to this!! Clever Big and norrrttty Coco!

Jack decided to 'visit' my guinea pigs in their C&C cage about one day after arriving here - they were *not* impressed! :roll: They now have a huge Correx barrier to prevent random rabbit leaps!

Can imagine the conversation between Big and Coco.Can you???
Glad Coco is ok.Clever Big....xxxx

What a clever Big....I think an interveiw for her heroics and quick thinking is in order. Maybe she should have her own hero costume
*has images of Big as WonderBun* :shock:

Back