• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it just his age?!

KTJ

Alpha Buck
Since Smooch died, I've made Furby an indoor rabbit... he has a massive dog crate in my room with his bed and toys in, and has free range of the upstairs of my house, but I've found that he is chewing EVERYTHING! I caught him chewing my heatproof rubber mat the other day, he chews my laptop cable, my chest of drawers has been chewed too! He has willow sticks in his bedroom and has lots of hay everyday, so I'm assuming that it's down to his age (15 weeks) and once he's neutered it'll calm down?! I just want to be able to trust him when he's out, but I'm having to watch him like a hawk at the moment!

I think it is probably his age and his hormones! make sure you bunny proof all your cables and anything chewable

I know that sometimes if they are bored they chew more. Sounds like he is really feeling the effects of loosing his partner. :cry:

ETA didn't see his age :oops:

my stan chewed everything laptop lead phone charges, units, carpet, doors, fire surrounds, leather sofa, shoes, my mother-in-laws designer hand bag, letters and dining chairs he is chewing less as he is getting older (now he is 9 month) but still likes letters and skirten boards behined the unit my dad keep saying he should come and decorat but i keep putting it off because he only put the new skirting bord on last year lol

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies :D

I know it's nothing to worry about really, I am just hoping he grows out of it as he gets older! I will definitely be bunny proofing everything... it's just hard to bunny proof a wooden bed frame, chest of draws and leather sofas!! :lol: He's a rascal, but I wouldn't have him any other way!!

My two girls were the same at that age ,they ripped wallpaper off and dug holes in the carpet.They calmed down almost instantly after their spays and are really good now at nine months :D

Back