• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French Lops

lottie_s

Warren Scout
Hi I have just bought a french lop rabbit hes about 15 weeks old. I am really interested in seeing your pics of yours and if you could put how old they are that would be good. I was wondering how big he will get to be. He is a house bunny so size isnt an issue.

Thanks

Does this help? I was trying to find a good picture that showed size. This is Humphrey the french lop in a very large plant pot that is about a foot and half in diameter. He is about 9 months in this pic

Photo-0086-1.jpg

And I know this isn't a very good photo - a bit grainy but it does show Doona stealing the hungry hippos game. Good for size comparision! She is a similar age to Humphrey

Photo-0079.jpg

Aww what lovely buns, my Frenchie Bertie was one of the nicest buns I've ever had the pleasure to look after, she was so sweet andjust like a dog :) She peaked at 13lb and was almost 3 feet when laid down. Enjoy your big new friend :)

George... he was about 9 months old here? Only a baby, and he weighed about 5 kilos.
4514_201032055092_561930092_6949115_6683411_n.jpg

n561930092_6638096_5602147.jpg

:love::love::love:

he's living with Kay now :)

This is Lolly next to a dog sized bowl :) Ive had Lolly for around 14 months now... and when i had her the vet aged her at around 5/6 months i think. Shes aroung 6kg, easily :) xXx

100_1894.jpg

Here are a few of mine

Merlin
001-5.jpg

Daphne, Bertie
007.jpg

Jasmine (one of my bridge bunnies)
HPIM0383-2.jpg

Mr Thumps (another bridge bun)
HPIM0263.jpg

really need to take some up to date pics of my giants:roll:

Yes Kay......We NEEED picks of all your giants.....;)

OP, My Ollie (at the bridge now :cry: ) was a fairly small frenchie, she only weighed about 5 kilos.

Venice09030.jpg

(first thing in the morning.....so PLEASE ignore the mess :oops: ) She used to frighten the hell out of me when she slept like that :lol:

My Teddy :love: He's approx 2 years old and quite a small frenchie although he seems enormous to me and i can only just pick him up!

next to my big plant pot and 2ft fence
IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

Last edited:
Here's our Charlotte with her husbun Toby who's a lionhead lop :love: Charlotte is about 2 years old & weighs about 6kg, we've had her for almost a year :)

DSCF4102.jpg

DSCF3578.jpg

Yay!! Excuses to put mine up!! Teddy is a 7 kilo hulk, and is probably just about fully grown now (although might bulk out a bit more)!! Ruby is about 3 kg and only 4 months old :shock:! She'll probably rival Teddy for Size.

001-4.jpg

That step is just over a foot long.

003-2.jpg

He now takes up more of the doorway!

123.jpg

(I have small feet....but he is BEEG!)

126.jpg

Both of them together

093.jpg

Ruby and her big bum

Frenchies are known as the gentle Giants of the bunny world. They are the most amazing buns!! I've never heard of a nasty one (not that any buns are nasty ;))

Back