• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training issues

skgreene

Warren Scout
I've had harry for 3 weeks now and he now 21 weeks old, and he just start this week peeing outside his litter tray he done it twice this week, i've just changed to carefresh bedding for this litter tray, if he has an accident i put into his litter tray but he still not using it for peeing :? is this because he changed his choice of toilet area or because he isnt netuered yet :? (im planning to get him fixed just after xmas)

more likely because he isnt neutered yet, this wont stop straight after either will take a few week to settle, the spraying starting yet ?

also dunno bout others, but buns on the whole are very clean animals (even though they sit in their own poop while eating their hay :roll:) my lot certainly let me know when they need clean by going to the loo in other areas

No he hasnt started spaying yet, he get cleaned out fully in the morning and i remove the worst in the evening.

Have you tried putting hay in the litter tray?

My buns love to munch and pee and poo at the same time!

yeah i did, but i started worring (with harry being rex) about his hocks from sitting in urine and faeces although he has a hay pile next to his litter tray but doesnt eat it whlist in his tray

more likely because he isnt neutered yet, this wont stop straight after either will take a few week to settle, the spraying starting yet ?

also dunno bout others, but buns on the whole are very clean animals (even though they sit in their own poop while eating their hay :roll:) my lot certainly let me know when they need clean by going to the loo in other areas

OMG, Bob does that!!!! He'll happily sit on his poop mountain whilst having a chew, but the minute he thinks his litter tray needs changing, he wees all over the edge in protest! :lol:

Back