• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

gOOD EWS FOR lUlU FINALY FOUND HER hUSbUN

dorsetguy

New Kit
As some of you MAY have seen many weeks ago I wrote a long piece about Losing one of our little gals..who were sisters and were alwys together...Thumper (bumpy sadly passed away after what we think was a stroke..We layed her down in front of LuLu so she would know, and after licking her head and ey littes, not getting response she new..and at back down, and was sad for many weeks, then turned int lonlyness..and we had trouble findinf her a friend (male) near her age......WELL WE NOW HAVE.

aFTER 3 MONTHS FROM bUMP'S PASSING.. WE NOW HAVE A NEW ADDITION..His name is NOAH...We got him from the RSPCA place near Exeter called LITTLE VALLY ANIMAL SHELTER www.rspcaexeter.org.uk/ - .

He was found in a shopping bag outside of a supermarket, and someone handed him in..so they nicknamed him shopper!! :?

Anyway he was hour an half away from us, but we went down to see him, filled ot the adoption forms..reserved him, they had to arrange with our local RSPCA for someone to come and see the accom (which has to be min 6ft long with run attch or under. and check enviroment, other pets kids, etc.

Finaly 2 weeks later we were given go ahead to go get him. On the morning we went to get him they rang saying they were worried as his nose had some discharge, and were worried he MAY have the "Snuffles" though could also be the recent sudden change in low temp...So we took a chance, and went anyway, he was fine, all dry nose himself, eating, no problem,

He came back with us in our red large pet carrier which was sitting on my wifes lap, lid open he kept opoping up lookin around and My wife stroked him most of the way home.

First night he stayed indoors(old run was brought into llounge) We turned heating off, so he would not have shock of temp next day.

Anyway Before all this I had been building an ext onto our lagre Super hutch, I attahced the old 5 ft hutch to the end of the under run on the large hutch, then that led to the new 7 ft x 4 ft x 2.5 ft run, which I had build a turf box (as we have no grass in back) I then build in a cat flap. See picks on my photobucket..which also has pickas at end of LuLu and Noah, first date and hteir bonding at the end, took one week...I left the partition wire chaparone wire we called it..which was a one layer wire barrirer between him and her, so they could get used to each other through wire, sniff each other etc, and one 10-20 min daily date with each other in run when we got home from work.

The pics are on photo bucket album

http://s785.photobucket.com/albums/yy137/SAMC3031/bun%20city%20project%20for%20LuLu%20and%20Noah/

You certainly have worked on giving your bunnies a supper set up, it look's brilliant and well done for giving a rescue bun a forever home.
I'm sure Lulu and her new Husbun will be very happy together, well done! :)

Thats so strange, I live in Exeter and had my eye on 'shopper' but he had only just been 'done' so he wouldnt have been the right match for blossom. Im so pleased he has a lovely home he is very sweet and gave me lots of kisses and cuddles x :love:

Thankyou all

thanks for all your kind remarks...both buns doing well, and loving their Bu Mayan City set up! I just wish Bumpy could have been here, she would have gone NUTS over it as she was the mad sporty one always darting all over the place!! Though Noah's pretty much got same mad (in a funny way) charactor, so that reminds us in a nice way of bumpy 11

aw but this is my fav of your photos
LuLuandNoahinLove.jpg

Back