• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change In Eating Habits

huppie

Mama Doe
I have no idea where this should be posted so am trying here for now!

My buns had a religious evening meal routine. I shouted dinner and rattled the pellet tub around and they binkied for about 5 minutes before their pellets and veg were served. They then demolished the lot in 10-15 minutes depending on the veg. The last week or two they have still been binkying (but a bit less) and have been eating the food in 2-3 stages throughout the evening.

I reduced the amount of pellets (but not veg) they got when Spring started. Is it possible that I am still feeding them too much? Should I cut down on veg as well? They get about an eggcupful of SS between them morning and evening.

In all other ways they are completely fine.

Emma

Have they been stuffing themselves full of grass instead? I don't feed pellets but during the summer a lot less of their hay gets eaten over night as they are full on grass:D I don't think you need to cut down on veggies - mine share a huge plate every evening. I think if anything you can cut down the pellets to just a spoonful once a day each and up the hay instead, but i'm no expert on pellets!

They don't have access to grass :( but have 4 sorts of hay to munch on. Rambaldi is eating as much hay as ever but Huppie is eating a bit less.

Maybe I'll try and reduce their pellets and see what happens!

Emma

Back