• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smokey and Flopsy...foster buns - NEW UPDATE - POST 31 - Bad News :o(

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Smokey and Flopsy are in care here with us at Walsall RSPCA :) They are a gorgeous pair of 18 month old brothers, both vaccinated and neutered. They came into care as their previous owner bought a dog, so no longer wanted these bunnies as pets :(

Smokey and Flopsy get on great as a couple so they will be staying as a pair :)

smokeyflopsy2.jpg

This is Flopsy... he has to go for an x-ray soon as he seems to have a stiff back and has trouble cleaning his rear end. Lucy will update once the x-rays are back :)

flopsy.jpg

flopsy2.jpg

And this is Smokey... he is booked in for a dental as he has 2 spurs which need to be removed from his teeth. We are hoping that with a high hay diet he will not need futhur dental treatment :)

smokey2.jpg

smokey.jpg

:love::love::love:

Last edited:
Awww Becky they are beautiful :love: How could anyone even think of giving them up to buy a dog instead :cry:

So hope they will find their forever home soon :)

And of all things, he went and brought a greyhound :shock: oh and not forgetting the kids were bored of them too :roll:

Last edited:
awwwwwww cuties! dont think i can handle 4 tho.....
did they get all cramped in a hutch? maybe thats why his back is stiff and sore?

These boys are coming to stay with aunty Lucy tonight and going into the hospital with me tomorrow for some diagnostics. Keep your paws crossed for them everyone :D

These boys are coming to stay with aunty Lucy tonight and going into the hospital with me tomorrow for some diagnostics. Keep your paws crossed for them everyone :D

Awwwh!!! :love::love::love: Paws crossed here for them and for every other bun/pig thats going :)

They are not happy at all, they are experiencing dogs for the first time and are thumping for england at the moment. good job it's only for one night. Not good timing as the puppy that was supposed to be coming twice before turned up tonight, it's sodding bedlam here!

do71w3.jpg

353durq.jpg

14j1bfq.jpg

2czo8hw.jpg

Awwh bless em :love: They are stunners arent they! Lets hope you dont get to attached to the bunny sitting ;) I can imagine Pete with them! :lol:

We had to give them their meds and I asked him to hold them, he was like :shock: I've never held a rabbit before :shock: :lol: he did ok :D

We got the xray results today for Flopsy. :censored:

I am soooo angry. He has been suffering all this time and we never knew. He came into care without a word of anything having happened to him. Myself and the fosterer are ready to shoot the previous owner at the moment.

Poor old Flopsy's xray revealed every sigle one of his ribs had been broken. We think it was a dog attack where he was picked up and they were crushed and broken. The man did say that he had an ex racing greyhound that he had just rehomed but I doubt a greyhound would be able to crush the ribs like that. It is possible it was due to some other injury, but I guess we'll never know.

We just thought he had a stiff back and thats why he wasn't moving around much. he ahsn't been cleaning himself but you can see why now!

I am so angry about this, poor Flopsy needed pain relief and he got nothing because the owner was too cowardly to tell us something had happened to him :censored:

That is awful :( If only they'd of said when they bought him into care so it couldve been sorted as soon as he came :( He mustve been in so much pain all this time. At least hes getting pain relief now :)

Things like this make me feel so angry and upset ...... :cry:

Poor little rabbit. At least he's in good hands now but you wonder what on earth he's gone through. How cowardly not to say anything and let him go on suffering!

Sending lots of vibes to this lovely rabbit. They are a stunning pair xx

Back