• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is my rabbit Crumpet

Naomi&Crumpet

Warren Scout
Hey, I am new and I have brought a rabbit about a week ago from pets at home he was 14 weeks old they didn't know the breed they wasn't sure on his gender one said boy another said girl. Some pictures are below he has one blue eye and one brown eye. I will get some better pictures of his whole body tonight he is an indoor rabbit he is getting his vaccanations this weeks then the other one two weeks after the first one.

He is given pellets and a mixture of veg he has a rack of hay all the time he has toys in his hutch and is allowed 2+ hours to run around in the house then in the warmer weather he has an outside pen which has shade for him in the summer for another few hours is this ok?

any other info would be great to =] click on the links to see him as the pictures would of stretched the page =]

http://i43.tinypic.com/104rubp.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2wg65xy.jpg

One his other half he has spots though? Is it usual for rabbits to have one blue and one brown eye? I have been thinking about getting him netured and getting a spayed doe to go with him as I heard they make the best pairs? What colour is he? as I have only ever heard of steal and black dutch

He looks slightly mis-marked from the pics I've seen but is definately of Dutch origin. I think the colour is probably classified as yellow. :)

The woman said it is hard to tell wheather a rabbit is buck or doe is that true?

Only if you don't know what your looking for, which I would expect someone working in a pet store to be able to do. :?

I can correctly sex a bun from 8 weeks, I have managed 6 weeks but like to check again a few times n the interim just to be safe. :)

Wow!! They're BEAUTIFUL markings!!! :love::love: Never seen those markings before :)

I agree about the dutch thing thugh. Mismarked dutch. Crumpet will probaby have some English Spot in him/her which will explain the markings on one side :)

He enjoys me taking pictures, is it usual for a rabbit to come when called? as Crumpet does and I have only had him a week

Yea. He obviously enjoys the attention he gets when he comes to you :) A couple of mine come when called. Biscuit & Dylan are brilliant at it. The other 3 just sit and look at me. Unless they know I have food. Then they're all over me like a rash :lol:

Awwww, I have no idea what breed but he/she is very beautiful. :love: Alfie and Bubbles come when I call them, and learned really quickly but I don't know whether they are just responding to their name or because they think they're going to be fed - probably the latter. :lol::lol:

What does it mean when rabbits nudge you? he sometimes comes up to me and nudges me, is it a good or bad sign?

I don't know a lot about rabbits but I know the basic care

Would a spayed doe be an ok compaion for crumpet? when he is netured

oh, he isn't shy either my friend came round and he was happy enough to nudge her to he has a right personality showing, he now scratches his hutch on the bars to be let out.

oh, he isn't shy either my friend came round and he was happy enough to nudge her to he has a right personality showing, he now scratches his hutch on the bars to be let out.

Dutches are full of personality....and mischief....and intelligence :lol::lol::lol:

Back