• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Yoghurt

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
My bunny has just licked the lid of my muller corner yoghurt but ive just read that bunnies are lactose intolerant- what should i do?

Keep an eye - she should be fine :) Sophie has eaten and drank things she shouldn't.

If you bun had eaten the whole yogurt I would be worried :lol:

He only got the lid- they are always pinching things they should. My other one managed to steal a piece of cooked pasta from my plate last night and run away with it!

Anyone would think I never feed them, they are terrible when their is food about!

Naughty bun! I wouldn't worry too much if he only got a bit, my bun has pinched chocolate and cake before now lol

They are so greedy! Mine nearly have my hand off when I go to give them pellets in a morning.

So far in the 4 weeks we have had Strawberry he has eaten a fruit pastel, some pasta, a quaver, and drank the end of my apple juice! We dont let him out while we are eating now and he lunges at you to steal it then runs and hides under the sofa to eat it!

:lol::lol::lol: Such a funny bunny :lol::lol:

Fudge has licked my scottish tablet bar, had a munch on my cookie, tried to eat my Fab ice lolly and ran away with a crunchie sweetie rapper :roll: not to mention all of my carrot sticks she steals :lol:

And Skye has taken one of the sample coffe packets, which i had to chase him round the room to get and i really think he was having fun thinking it was a game :roll::lol: And he has ran off with the panacur box AND lid :?

OMG naughty bunnies lol. It was funny at Christmas when i opened the roses tin and buster ran over and got it in it and started ripping the wrappers off lol

honey got hold of a half empty capri sun one night bit through it and licked half of it up then proceeded to fling the wrapperover her head lol and shes fine honey also licks yogurt pots when she can get her paws on them lol

Rusks are great- I will remember not to have them when the bunnies are around then!

Here is one of mine guarding his pellets:

DSCF9912.jpg

Yep! Although he is in the bad books as he has chewed a little hole in the bottom of it so it all keeps coming out of the bag!

Back