• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Janice- a bereaved Guinea Pig

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Jack's-Jane

As some of you may know we lost Janice's friend Nelson :cry: Janice is a very young piggie, less than a year old. I am not able to take on any more animals and I dont want Janice to be a lone piggie for the rest of her life. So I hope that I can find her a home where she will have the companionship of another piggie/piggies.

Janice is a very active and vocal girl who loves her food. She has never lived outdoors so ideally I would like her to be an indoor piggie, or at least to be housed within a shed. Janice would love to pair up with a neutered Boar or maybe become intergrated within a colony of Sows.

From my point of view there is no hurry to rehome Janice. But for her it would be wonderful if she did not have to be alone for too long. If you think you could offer Janice a home please PM me (Jack's-Jane)

Thank you for reading this :)

Picture2719-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Thank you Tree.

I wish I did not have to do this :cry: I am no longer able to take on any more animals of any species.

:cry:

Thank you Tree.

I wish I did not have to do this :cry: I am no longer able to take on any more animals of any species.

I am more than happy to have Janice here, I have female piggies who can move in with her immediately, I also have people who have a piggie waiting for a non pregant pib ... all my females I currently have were in with a 5 week old boar so cannot go anywhere until they have done their 10 weeks with me!

I am more than happy to have Janice here, I have female piggies who can move in with her immediately, I also have people who have a piggie waiting for a non pregant pib ... all my females I currently have were in with a 5 week old boar so cannot go anywhere until they have done their 10 weeks with me!

Someone has offered Janice a home with two Sows and a neutered Boar. So subject to a home check Janice may have a new group of friends :)
I spoke with Donna about doing the rehoming myself as I just feel terrible having to give her up :cry:

I felt the same way when Apple died, i knew that Boo just couldn't live on his own and i felt awful, but i knew i just couldn't let Boo go.
You've made a very brave decision, and it sounds like it is for the best!
I'm sure she'll love it at her new home!!

I felt the same way when Apple died, i knew that Boo just couldn't live on his own and i felt awful, but i knew i just couldn't let Boo go.
You've made a very brave decision, and it sounds like it is for the best!
I'm sure she'll love it at her new home!!

I have never rehomed an animal in my life. I feel quite sick at the thought of it :cry:
I have the 5 Baby Buns to rehome next Spring too

Ahh Jane, neither have I, but like you said, you have loads of bunnies already.
I'm sure the babies will go to great homes anyway :)
Will you keep Jo though? I know she's close to your heart.

Ahh Jane, neither have I, but like you said, you have loads of bunnies already.
I'm sure the babies will go to great homes anyway :)
Will you keep Jo though? I know she's close to your heart.

Jo is poorly again today,she had another seizure.
I dont know what the future holds for her...........

I've sent her loads of vibes. I really hope she'll be okay, she can't possibly not make it :(
She will, think positive:)

As always you are putting your animals first which is what makes me admire you so much.

Janice will find a fab new home with friends because of your unselfishness.

Bigs hugs and huge vibes for little Jo xxxx

Janice is now reserved :)
All being well she will be going to her new home tomorrow where she will be an indoor Piggie living with two other Sows and a neutered Boar.

(Oh gawd this is sooooooooo hard to do :cry:)

I know this must be very hard for you, Jane, but you are putting Janice's happiness first and that is a very lovely thing to do.

Janice is now with her new family.
For the first time in 11 years I am Piggie-less :cry:

She is settling in well.

I think she is a bit shell shocked being suurounded by 3 piggies but they are being gentle with her :)

Will get some pics as soon as they are completely settled. x

She is settling in well.

I think she is a bit shell shocked being suurounded by 3 piggies but they are being gentle with her :)

Will get some pics as soon as they are completely settled. x

Awwwww I am sure Janice will be much happier with some Piggie Friends
I suspect she will be quite :love: :love: by Oakley, I certainly was !!

Thank you very much for adopting Janice and giving her all that I am unable to :)

Awwwww I am sure Janice will be much happier with some Piggie Friends
I suspect she will be quite :love: :love: by Oakley, I certainly was !!

Thank you very much for adopting Janice and giving her all that I am unable to :)

Don't thank me...it is more than a pleasure. Thank you for making such a brave decision...I know it was hard. x

Back