• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why arn't you covering the freeads anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
This is probably the wrong place but i couldn't post in the rabbits in need section. why aren't there any updates on the freeads, there are a lot of adverts in the ad trader BUNS NEED HELP!!!!! :( one example i lonely female (owner probably got bored) sitting in that hutch (which looks too small!) day in day out without even a friend!!:(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the wrong place but i couldn't post in the rabbits in need section. why aren't there any updates on the freeads, there are a lot of adverts in the ad trader BUNS NEED HELP!!!!! :( one example i lonely female (owner probably got bored) sitting in that hutch (which looks too small!) day in day out without even a friend!!:(http://www.adtrader.co.uk/item_deta...ss_id=183&hdl=RABBIT,+HUTCH+AND&prsuid=274745

That bun isnt in any danger, it is not "free" as such as they have asked money, putting off most who would get it for the sake of it, if you have any problems with freeads Pm Hugo's There with details.

As above, just because a rabbit is for sale does not mean it is in danger. Most rescues have waiting lists full of rabbits in need and don't need to go looking through freeads for more. Putting pressure on rescues to take free ad animals because they are a visible problem is unfair and often means a rabbit that is not in serious danger takes the place of one that may be.

Help for freeads is here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=128046

As above, just because a rabbit is for sale does not mean it is in danger. Most rescues have waiting lists full of rabbits in need and don't need to go looking through freeads for more. Putting pressure on rescues to take free ad animals because they are a visible problem is unfair and often means a rabbit that is not in serious danger takes the place of one that may be.

Help for freeads is here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=128046

i don't think that rescues should look through the freeads and no it does not mean they are all in danger but some may be & what is the harm of having a list of buns that need rehoming (i am not talking about a breeders list)it could just be a list there for prospective owners to look through rather than scouring all the papers,it would be a quick and easy link.there are virtually no rescues in my area of berks(2 have closed down) and i know of 2 people who went to petshops recently because they couldn't find a rescue locally and it was easier than travelling!:( today i rung up about a cage for sale and was told i could only have it if i took the inhabitants as they wanted rid of them as they had a new puppy now! are those animals in danger maybe not imediately but they could be if they don't get rehomed soon.

I can guarantee that Hugo's There is still campaigning their plight ;) i saw a rabbit on a well known ad place not so long ago, he was in a cage not big enuff to house a guinea pig if you ask me, Hugos There did contact the owner but they never got back :( the owner didn't know what sex it was coz it didn't bother her, there was a carrot slung on some sawdust not even an inch thick, the food bowl was screwed to the cage so never been washed and the water bottle was green inside, no hay or veg in site :cry: he very rarely came out of his hutch :( how do i know all this because after talking to Hugo's there and receiving lots of advice, i went up myself and got him out there ;) :love: I was lucky bcoz i was looking for a rabbit anyway and didn't have any. Beleive me without hugos there advice and help floppy could still be sat in his measly little cage :(

rabbit.jpg

Last edited:
it could just be a list there for prospective owners to look through rather than scouring all the papers,it would be a quick and easy link.

On the contrary, it's a lot of work to maintain an up to date list of rabbits on free ads as they change daily. It's not a particularly large amount of effort for someone wanting a rabbit to check their local papers. If they aren't willing to go to that much effort I doubt rabbit ownership is for them.

If you see a rabbit you think is in need refer to the owner to local rescues or RU. That way they can join the normal waiting lists and their 'in need' status can be assessed by rescues in comparison to others.

If your curious about the full reasoning behind our rules there are numerous topics discussing them which you can locate via the search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back