• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Late (and bashful) Intro!

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
Hi, having been searching and posting on this site for over a month i have just realised that i have never introduced myself! :oops: sorry! in my defense, until this weekend i had no bunnies to introduce :( but i do now!

So i am Vikki, i am originally from Northern Ireland, lived in Gloucestershire most of my life but currently studying at the Royal Veterinary College in London (camden and potters bar). Previously i owned a rather large English x Dwarf Lop doe called Charlie, who was free range, fiesty and funny. I now have two Mini Rex does, adopted from the Walsall RSPCA. They are a year old and called Indi (after Indiana Jones as she is the adventurous one!) and Phoenix (in the "second chance/rising from the ashes" sense as they are rescue bunnies!). They are still settling in but already are very funny, interested in everything and showing quite distinct personalities. As i said, Indi is bold, confident and nosy whereas Phoenix is more shy, though still feisty as she thumps if Indi has food and she can't get to it! They live in a converted playhouse in the garden and are already trying to use me as a step to get to the shelves!

Some pictures:
Indi
P1090167.jpg
P1090186.jpg
P1090191.jpg

Phoenix (a bit camera shy just yet!)
P1090169.jpg
P1090190.jpg
P1090207.jpg

Thanks for all the help and advice i have had so far, i really hope i will learn more as time goes by and i am sure it will help with my studies!

:wave:Hi! Belated welcome to RU :D. Your bunnies are lovely. Can you tell me where you got the bed/box from? (in 3rd pic). I need something like that for my run.

:wave: Welcome

You're forgiven for the late introduction seeing as you posted pictures of your lovely bunnies in the introduction. I've been looking forward to seeing them "at home" after as I've seen them looking for a home for so long and been a bit mystified as to why they didn't get snapped up straight away.

They are really gorgeous :love::love:

:wave: Welcome

You're forgiven for the late introduction seeing as you posted pictures of your lovely bunnies in the introduction. I've been looking forward to seeing them "at home" after as I've seen them looking for a home for so long and been a bit mystified as to why they didn't get snapped up straight away.

They are really gorgeous :love::love:

thanks, they are really, really gorgeous, the pictures dont really do them justice! :D I cant understand why no-one wanted them either. i've only had them a few days but they are so friendly and funny and curious about everything.

Hi vikki welcome to Ru and thank you for your very kind input the other day regarding Norbet and the staphylococcus aureus post:love::love::love::love::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Hi vikki welcome to Ru and thank you for your very kind input the other day regarding Norbet and the staphylococcus aureus post:love::love::love::love::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

no worries, just said what i felt. i hate bullies, especially in this sense where i seriously doubt they would say anything quite so rude and hurtful directly to your face!

late intro

Hi, seeing your post has reminded me that I havent introduced myself either, so will once I've posted this! Hello, and welome. I know the vet college in Camden very well as I grew up on the estate opposite in the 70's when it was first built! Haven't seen it for over 30 years though, so expect it's changed a lot!:lol:

Back