• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Home Extension :o)

Julia123

Warren Veteran
I got this today on e-bay - rrp £79 but i was the only bidder and got it for £60 :D:D:D its 8ft x 4ft

1225_1.jpg

I'm going to join it onto this...

run.jpg

Its for Bungle & Nushka, so they will have a total hutch/kennel area of 4ft x 3ft plus a run of 14ft x 4ft :D they have run time round the garden each evening when i get in from work but i worried about if i want to go out at night (so bigger run for day will help with disappointment of no garden run at night) - I'm thinking of joining them together - not sure how yet ? maybe cutting the mesh from the kennel & run and replacing with ply and a cat flap so i can block the run on grass (the new one) off at night.

Here is where their actual purchased kennel thingy is in my garden

shed2.jpg

ignore the other hutch & run, its a foster one and I've moved it now.

What do you think?? Any construction tips welcome :D:wave:

Oh, I also want to build a second layer in the kennel area as its about 5ft 5inch high - any construction techniques also welcome :D:D I am capable of using jigsaw and making halving joints ect .....

How about a tunnel between runs?

I'd put an L shape piece of wood in one bottom corner then tack the mesh to it and cut out the spare. That way you don't do much damage to the run if you want to take the new section off at some point. You could then fit a tunnel or catflap between the two :)

Tam

I got one of those runs from ebay too....its good but I modified the lid with an extra set of hinges to make a bigger opening in the lid...easier to catch bunnies!

How about a tunnel between runs?

I'd put an L shape piece of wood in one bottom corner then tack the mesh to it and cut out the spare. That way you don't do much damage to the run if you want to take the new section off at some point. You could then fit a tunnel or catflap between the two :)

Tam

Now that is a smart idea! :D

Lovely run to match your equally lovely housey thing! And there's me thinking it couldn't BE any bigger! :shock: :lol:

Fantastic! :thumb:

Back