• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Greg has been stolen

GregTheBunny

Warren Scout
Am just devastated, the inhuman pigs that stole him left the hutch and back gate open for Jessica so we could have lost her too, but thankfully didnt.

Advice please as to how to best care for the remaining of the bonded pair?

That's awful! Have you called the police?
I'd bring her inside if you can... for company and security
really hope Greg is returned to you! :(

That's awful! Have you called the police?
I'd bring her inside if you can... for company and security
really hope Greg is returned to you! :(

No, i havent called the police just yet, am still trying to pull myself together a little, havent stopped crying since 7.30 :( i am going to ring the local vet and pet shops, see if they will take my number just in case he is left with them. The remaining Jessica seems fine to be honest, she is a very skitty bun and always seems happy, am buying padlocks for the hutch now and upping security at the back. Not really an option to take her inside, certainly not long term (i have a 2 year old child who would torment her), if greg doesnt come back (greg turned out to be another girl btw) do i try to rebond with another? They had been together about 3 months and were 5 months old.

OMG that's dreadful :shock: :cry: :evil:
Having had one of my Buns stolen a few weeks ago I would urge you to contact the Police. I did and they were *very* helpful.
My Bun was returned to me within 24 hours.

Do you have any idea who may have taken your Bun? If so dont be affraid to name names to the Police. I honestly thought my Bun had gone for good and I expected the Police to be dismissive of the *theft* of 'just a Rabbit'
But they were brilliant

I hope that your remaining Bun will be OK. I would advise you to house her *indoors* now as the scum-bags who took your other Bun may come back.
Arrrrrrrrgh there are some sick little :censored: about

:evil:

Janex

OMG that's dreadful :shock: :cry: :evil:
Having had one of my Buns stolen a few weeks ago I would urge you to contact the Police. I did and they were *very* helpful.
My Bun was returned to me within 24 hours.

Do you have any idea who may have taken your Bun? If so dont be affraid to name names to the Police. I honestly thought my Bun had gone for good and I expected the Police to be dismissive of the *theft* of 'just a Rabbit'
But they were brilliant

I hope that your remaining Bun will be OK. I would advise you to house her *indoors* now as the scum-bags who took your other Bun may come back.
Arrrrrrrrgh there are some sick little :censored: about

:evil:

Janex

Well, i have called the local vet, pet shop, rescue centre and now police. Shop and vet were very helpful and have taken my number, have left a message with the rescue centre but police have said that they wouldnt take a rabbit in if anyone took it to a police office and unless i wanted them to send an officer round (infering that it was a waste of time) there was nothing they could do :cry:

God, that's awful. :cry:

Did you have locks on the hutch?

No, didnt have anything on the hutch for security but will have by tonight, am sending hubby to b and q to buy padlocks for all of the doors, i cant beleive that anybody would steal a lttle girls rabbit fgs:censored:

Well, i have called the local vet, pet shop, rescue centre and now police. Shop and vet were very helpful and have taken my number, have left a message with the rescue centre but police have said that they wouldnt take a rabbit in if anyone took it to a police office and unless i wanted them to send an officer round (infering that it was a waste of time) there was nothing they could do :cry:

I am sorry but that is just not good enough of the Police. You are reporting a *crime* (Theft, possibly breaking and entering) Both crimes are known as 'Trigger Offences' If a suspect is arrested they will be DNA/Drug swabed, fingerprinted and photographed. They will then be subjected to a taped interview. It matters not what has been stolen. Your Rabbit is your 'property' just as a Mountain Bike or a Car might be. You are reporting a theft of property from your home and the Police *have* to record it

Janex

I am sorry but that is just not good enough of the Police. You are reporting a *crime* (Theft, possibly breaking and entering) Both crimes are known as 'Trigger Offences' If a suspect is arrested they will be DNA/Drug swabed, fingerprinted and photographed. They will then be subjected to a taped interview. It matters not what has been stolen. Your Rabbit is your 'property' just as a Mountain Bike or a Car might be. You are reporting a theft of property from your home and the Police *have* to record it

Janex

How did you get your bun back Jane? Is there hope for me yet?

Im so sorry to hear about this, its awful. Have you checked with neighbours incase the bun was just released in the street after it was taken. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that there will be a happy ending here and your bun is returned to you

Im so sorry to hear about this, its awful. Have you checked with neighbours incase the bun was just released in the street after it was taken. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that there will be a happy ending here and your bun is returned to you

Actually i havent done that yet, to be honest there are alot of houses around me even though its not an estate as such, there is a vet about 300 yards away, i figured that if she was found they may take her there. I just cant understand why someone would steal her? you can buy them for peanuts, and nothing else was stolen from the garden (kids toys and stuff) the gate was lfet open and Jessica was still in the garden so i am preuming that it hadnt been open for long (maybe i disturbed them?) also the only other thing that was taken from the back was a petrol can (and we found that in the back street) they had used one of my little girls tennis rackets to get at greg, i just feel soooo sad, poor baby

OMG that is so terrible! I would defo double check the area incase they dropped her in the street or ran a little way with her then dumped her? or dumped her with the petrol can and she is hiding/ wandered a bit. Also speak to neighbours - they may even had seen or heard something. and the more people that know the more likely it is that someone will spot greg in someone else's garden or on the street or anything - so make posters too and stick them all over your neighbourhood.

OMG that is so terrible! I would defo double check the area incase they dropped her in the street or ran a little way with her then dumped her? or dumped her with the petrol can and she is hiding/ wandered a bit. Also speak to neighbours - they may even had seen or heard something. and the more people that know the more likely it is that someone will spot greg in someone else's garden or on the street or anything - so make posters too and stick them all over your neighbourhood.

Yeah i was thinking of making posters but i didnt have any pics, does anyone here have a brown and white lionhead pic that they dont mind me using?

As an update, there was a bin outside the back gates, i think they have used that to get into the yard :(

Def put posters up on street lamps and leaflet the area as it could be a youth has stolen him as a gift for someone else. Also contact the local papers and get them to run a story, someone may end up feeling guilty if they see it and return him to you. with a photo if you have one
Its odd that they only took one? Its def a human that has opened the hutch and gate?

Im so sorry that he has gone, I really hope you get him back.:(

Oh my goodness, how horrible, I'm so sorry :cry: But keep looking, hopefully she will be returned just like Jane's bun

Thinking of you and sending vibes for her safe return xx

Back