• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does his behaviour mean?

Claire&Phil

Warren Scout
As usual I was woken this morning by Lionel jumping on the bed and nudging my face. Occasionally, having giving him a stroke he would run, jump and skip about the bed, seeming to enjoy running back to me two or three times for a rough playful rub before wondering off to do his own thing.

Today I just stroked him as I was feeling too exhausted to play. He layed next to me for a little while then Suddenly his behaviour changed and he seemed to act differently. He began running and skip and jumping all over the bed more erractically than usual before jumping and running right at me, only stopping a hair length from my noise so i could feel his breath before nudging me. He did this three or four times. This was amazing behaviour to observe and has left me wondering what it could mean? Perhaps it was his attempt to get me to play or was it a domineering behaviour?

Phil

Last edited:
I have seen rabbits do this to each other when they're feeling playful. So I think it is a sign of love and that he thinks you're a rabbit!:lol:

I have to admit we are very well connected. Aww he loves me:D

This morning he did the usual of jumping on the bed and trying to dig at the bedding. He also nibbled my forhead and arm when I placed my head against his to stop him being naughty.

In having Lionel in the bedroom I belive has helped in us becoming closer and a great way to observe behaviour. I reccommend it to anyone to try this themselves. the only draw back is the mess:lol:

what about the loss of sleep.....lol a week i slept in the same room as Alvin..... 5am cage pinging was awful, tried letting him loose for the night and he woke me up chewing the bed...lol

Yes, the scratching and tearing at the bedsheets is becoming a pain lol but then I do not need an alarm clock as he wakes me at the same time each morning:lol:

aawwww how sweet! Simba used to do similar chasing, racing and charging at me when he was my only bunny. Unfortunately once i got Nala his loved moved onto her so i dont get much of it now :D

Awww its love.... Have you had to bunny proof your entire bedroom? I couldn't? OH would never let me have a bun in the bedroom either. Only Bugsy was allowed for his last few nights.... :cry:

Back