• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new rabbits not eating nor pooping

oh my.there's really nothing to be concerned about people. ;) yes i meant playground in the literal sense - and that was only a few hours ago. i think the only predators there i was most concerned about were the little screaming children.:S the bunnies had the whole big patch of grass to themselves. oh and they love the slides.:)

oh my.there's really nothing to be concerned about people. ;) yes i meant playground in the literal sense - and that was only a few hours ago. i think the only predators there i was most concerned about were the little screaming children.:S the bunnies had the whole big patch of grass to themselves. oh and they love the slides.:)

Are you being serious? Or are you just winding us up?

ETA: If this is serious i have the following to say:

a) You were advised NOT to give them grass and agreed not to give them any. Then you take them to a park and let them graze?

b) Slides, Slides? I mean, seriously. Give me a break - please please tell me your joking.

Last edited:
Eric - I am sorry but you have no idea of the image that gives us here in the UK :shock:

It is not appropriate to take bunnies to a children's playground - even more so when they are so young :shock:

Please ensure they have a secure run attached to their accommodation otherwise I am afraid you are tempting the worst kind of fate for them :cry:

the bunnies had the whole big patch of grass to themselves.

The grass could have pesticides or other chemicals. Or wild animal pee/poop on it. There could be poisonous plants there. They could pick up fleas and other parasites there. The screaming children could stress them. There's hundreds of reasons why that isn't safe to do.

Are you being serious? Or are you just winding us up?

ETA: If this is serious i have the following to say:

a) You were advised NOT to give them grass and agreed not to give them any. Then you take them to a park and let them graze?

b) Slides, Slides? I mean, seriously. Give me a break - please please tell me your joking.

a) i took them to the park so that they could breathe fresh air. i mean its no fun being indoors all day right? :) heck, rabbits are outdoor creatures to begin with. how do you think they survived in the wild?

b) nono i'm not kidding. the really mini slides. they love them.

c) i'm now of the opinion that parks are more dangerous in the UK than over here :S

a) i took them to the park so that they could breathe fresh air. i mean its no fun being indoors all day right? :) heck, rabbits are outdoor creatures to begin with. how do you think they survived in the wild?

b) nono i'm not kidding. the really mini slides. they love them.

c) i'm now of the opinion that parks are more dangerous in the UK than over here :S

If let are free range in the house, indoors is fine and MUCH safer. Slides would be very dangerous for rabbits, especially baby ones. How do you know 'they love them'?

Rabbits will get scared outside being pray animals, so birds, dogs, cats, humans etc that they are not used to can cause stress related illnesses. They can also catch diseases.

:roll:

Why not try them on the swings too .................:)

Gosh, I think if I ever put Oscar on a slide he would pack his little bag and run away from home... I just can't quite comprehend this at all. Do you think that rabbits in the wild would use slides?

Domesticated rabbits are very different to their wild cousins. They depend on you for their survival and to take care of them.

If people on here are advising you that giving them access to grass is not appropriate at the moment, then that is good advice and you would do well to take it.

I have houserabbits and they are perfectly fine indoors - yes it is nice to give them time outside when the weather is appropriate to run around SAFELY (ie protected from predators, loud noises, dangerous foliage and anything that may scare or harm them) - however if you do not have safe space where you live (ie a yard or garden that is enclosed and secure with you supervising them), then being inside is just fine for them provided they have ample space to run around.

Being around screaming children, is, as you rightly say, enough to petrify them and stress them out.

As I said, it is your duty to take care of them. They are not dolls, or teddies or children - they are delicate timid rabbits that rely on you for their well-being and safety. A park is totally inappropriate as far as I am concerned, and slides? With their slippery furry feet? Well thats just cruel in my opinion. Really really cruel.

Please re-think things a little.

ETA: Sorry, please re-think things A LOT!

Back