• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Indoor Rabbit Pad

Dave81

Mama Doe
This is the current setup for my rabbits, I did used to shut them in the pen whilst at work or sleeping but over the last few days I have left it open to see what happens, I haven't seen as much carnage as I was expecting the bits I have I have managed to rabbit proof .

I'm planning on making a cage out of the NIC cube stuff just not gotten around to it as yet

DSCF0246.JPG

DSCF0247.JPG

DSCF0249.JPG

That looks really good so far. Obviously the bigger the pen the better for the rabbits but leaving the pen open for free range time is a fab idea. Be warned rabbits will chew furniture of every texture especially wood and plaster skirting boards it seems. Also make sure all electrical cables are tucked away or covered in cable tubes to keep the rabbits safe from receiving electric shocks. Also ballast any heavy furniture which may topple and cause injuries. Rabbits love jumping so they may use a sofa as a jumping base to get to other furniture. You'll know your rabbits though and what they are capable of.

One extra bit of advice, I notice their cage door in the second photo hangs down which means the rabbits have to jump over it to get in and out. Some rabbits have been known to get a foot caught in-between the wire rungs which has resulted in nasty twists and other injuries such as fractures. Indeed I do believe someone on here had a rabbit who needed a foot amputated as a result of a similar accident. So I would remove that hatch for their safety.

Can't wait to see the new cage :)

One extra bit of advice, I notice their cage door in the second photo hangs down which means the rabbits have to jump over it to get in and out. Some rabbits have been known to get a foot caught in-between the wire rungs which has resulted in nasty twists and other injuries such as fractures. Indeed I do believe someone on here had a rabbit who needed a foot amputated as a result of a similar accident. So I would remove that hatch for their safety.

Can't wait to see the new cage :)

Good idea, I had been looking at it thinking I'm sure it will be ok, but I guess removing the danger before it actually becomes one is the best option.

I have got a long set of the NIC cube pieces stacked 2 high against the TV stand so I'm pretty confident they can't get up and over to get to the cables. I have had an incident of a speaker cable been chewed as Fluffy pulled up the carpet to get to it, I'm going to relay the cable and put it in some protective conduit stuff.

Back