• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone found metal runs that join together

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
And have lids? I found lots that join together and some with lids but not both :?

I want to create a huge area on the lawn so Bugsy can really stretch his legs (fully supervised of course ;))

Found this, two joined together would be great but there's no lid

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOG-PUPPY...s_Dogs&var=&hash=item6b1d541e2b#ht_1905wt_922

And this but it's not big enough i would need at least two but I don't think they could be joined together :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Massive-W...all_Animals&hash=item3a6c895a91#ht_2114wt_827

I have some of the first link that you posted and joined together they make a massive run and my two can really get some speed up. But because they have no roof I ALWAYS supervise them in it. I never leave them, not even for a minute to make a cuppa or anything like that.

The other run I had once and it doesn't really come apart to join two together. so not as flexible.

The only other way to go I suppose is to make a really large wooden one!

I have some of the first link that you posted and joined together they make a massive run and my two can really get some speed up. But because they have no roof I ALWAYS supervise them in it. I never leave them, not even for a minute to make a cuppa or anything like that.

The other run I had once and it doesn't really come apart to join two together. so not as flexible.

The only other way to go I suppose is to make a really large wooden one!

Thanks for your reply :wave:

I'm not allowed a big wooden one as it needs to be folding so it can be put away when not in use. I think I will go for the ones you have, he is going to be supervised at all times so I suppose a lid isn't too important.

This is my new set-up and my two really can get some speed up in there and don't find the join between the two doors a problem at all, I've just used cable ties to keep them together and tent pegs to hold them in the ground. Not sure if it helps but I thought a picture would be better than a description.
P1030441.jpg

P1030442.jpg

Thanks for your reply :wave:

I'm not allowed a big wooden one as it needs to be folding so it can be put away when not in use. I think I will go for the ones you have, he is going to be supervised at all times so I suppose a lid isn't too important.

I have three joined together, so it is really big!

You could use a couple of sets (or more) of the open puppy pens to make a huge rectangle, then use a set of the taller 120cm ones as roofing panels. They basically come in a long jointed strip which clips together at the 2 ends with metal keyring type clips. That would give you a run which would be 120cm / 4' wide (ie 2x60cm panels) and as long as you want. The roof set can be clipped, wired, cable tied or padlocked in place in a format that would still make it foldable.

You would also be able to get better access through the roof if you leave a flap loose. I can't get in my roofed metal runs as the access doors are too small and my arms are not long enough. I have to send in a small child to retrieve reluctant bunnies.

I've been looking at the runaround system which can join runs together and hutches etc together...

Am considering buying a couple of bits to make peppers run a bit more intresting for her :D

Ditto, except mine are a bit different to that first link.

Back