• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. W

Diarrhea/unformed poop

Thank you. I'll steer clear of cabbage then! He's had metacam and returned to normal but has since come off and is now not eating enough hay again, but will eat fresh grass no problem? Not sure where to go from here!
  2. W

Diarrhea/unformed poop

Hi again! So Wilbur was on metacam for about 5 days and he pretty much went back to his old self - eating lots of hay, gained lots of weight which is brilliant, but as he hasn't been on the metacam for a couple of days the soft cecotropes have returned and not eating as much hay again 😣. The...
  3. W

Diarrhea/unformed poop

Oh no! I'm glad she's on the mend. That's the thing, you have to anaesthetise them to sort out the issue or risk it and wait until it might get worse. Yes you're completely right, they're delicate little creatures. He's not on any pain relief at the moment but I was thinking he probably should...
  4. W

Diarrhea/unformed poop

Hi again! He's never looked this bad in all his life, he's a bit unsteady too. It's really difficult to see him like this. He's the first pet I got as an adult and he's been through so much with me so I just really want him to get back to his normal self again! Yes she did and she couldn't see...
  5. W

Diarrhea/unformed poop

So, I ended up taking him yesterday evening as they had a free appointment. The vet didn't seem too concerned about his poop now it's solid again, but like me she was really concerned about how underweight he is. He's only 1.2kg 😔, so she advised to put him straight back on pellets and continue...
  6. W

Diarrhea/unformed poop

Thank you. I'm going to ring and book him in for tomorrow. I've noticed a yellow damp patch of fur next to his mouth so I'm getting really worried. He's so thin I just don't want him to fade away.
  7. W

Diarrhea/unformed poop

Thank you, that is a good idea! The vet did give me a tube to get a sample, but as he's not done any soft poop in the last 2 days it's not been possible to get a sample of it. Could I take in normal dry poop for them to test?
  8. W

Diarrhea/unformed poop

Thank you! I'm going to wean him back on to pellets soon so I'll get some of this.
  9. W

Diarrhea/unformed poop

Hi everyone, Thanks for your help! We got back from holiday on Saturday and had our bunny sitters coming in whilst we were away. He's had barely any soft poop at all since we've been home which is a good sign. Unfortunately he's lost weight which is worrying considering he was already a...
  10. W

Diarrhea/unformed poop

Hi everyone, I'm new so I hope this post is ok! I have 2 bunnies, Wilbur and Bambi. Wilbur is a 7 year old mini loo and has recently been suffering with a bad tummy. On Saturday we came home to a puddle of diarrhea on the carpet in their room. However he's been eating and drinking like normal...
Back