• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Bonding Questions

Thanks for the reply. No changes at all. The only thing I wondered was if the stormy weather had spooked him a little. She's due to be spayed now, I also wondered if her 'maturity' had spurred it on... I wanted to send them to the vets together, but I'm a bit hesitant now he's all humpy...
  2. B

Bonding Questions

Six months on... some unwanted humping has developed from Bear... I know it’s normal bunny behaviour but it just seems a bit strange after months of tranquility. Could anything have triggered it? Does this stuff usually calm down...?
  3. B

Bonding Questions

Awww yes it seems to that way doesn't it! Your buns' story is so cute <3 I don't think mine are quite 'bonded' yet but they passively seem to enjoy the company!
  4. B

Bonding Questions

Yes, both fully vaccinated :)
  5. B

Bonding Questions

Just to update... I ended up taking home an adorable 12 week old female lop from a local breeder and let her settle in for a week. Towards the end of the week, Bear snuck into the kitchen to say hello himself, and I ended the visit after about five minutes, but they both seemed completely fine...
  6. B

Bonding Diary - Number 5 and Lola

I love this story! Oh my gosh... No. 5 is too cute! I love his ears. I would have been tempted to embrace the number and called him 'Johnny 5' after a certain robot movie :lol:
  7. B

Bonding Questions

Thank you, I will get in touch! :)
  8. B

Bonding Questions

Thank you both for the positive stories! I'm feeling much more optimistic about it all now. I do have a steam cleaner too! I was literally thinking whether or not I could use it to neutralise the area this afternoon, glad to know it should work!
  9. B

Bonding Questions

Thanks everyone, I'll take all the advice on board and keep you posted!
  10. B

Bonding Questions

Thanks so much! I think my current plan is to spend the next week getting supplies ready to take on another bunny. Then if no spayed females are available, I'll get a baby female and let her settle in for a week out of sight of him. At that point he'll be 4 weeks post-op, and I'll try to have...
  11. B

Bonding Questions

About 2.5 hours I'm afraid. My little guy stayed with my parents a couple of weeks ago, and he really struggled with even a 40 minute journey. Full on drooling and wet nose, it was so sad. I'm not sure it's fair on him to travel too far to a rescue because of this.
  12. B

Bonding Questions

Thanks so much for your time and advice. I did have one in the carrier and one loose, then I put her in a pen in the garden and had him loose, but it just felt far too dangerous, he was lunging at her through the bars. The other times the two more placid bunnies were together in a room they...
  13. B

Bonding Questions

I was going to do this, although I was hoping whilst I wait out the 6 weeks, a new friend could acclimatise to their new surroundings and they could see each other. Or would you say even introductions through bars are off limits until the full 6 weeks are up? I’ve never tried to bond Bear...
  14. B

Bonding Questions

Hi everyone, I have the sweetest little lop rabbit called Bear who is around 6 months old and has just been neutered. He's a house bunny. I would really like to get him a friend to live with but I'm at a loss as to how to go about it. He's a little bit in love with me, and does the whole...
Back