• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

After some advice R.E adopting a British giant house rabbit

Someone who my mum knows has loads of pets, their latest addition was a baby british giant bunny. Fast forward a few weeks and they have found that they can't cope so they want to rehome the bunny. My mum was telling them about my bunny's and they have asked if I would consider offering her a...
  2. M

Feeling pressured into taking on another 2 bunnies

Hi everyone. We have 4 bunnies at the moment. They are bonded in pairs. We have 4 cats and 2 kids. A friend at my partners work got talking to my partner(Danny) and strangly they got onto pets. Danny told him about our bunnies and this man then said they have 4 but want 'rid' of 2 of them and...
  3. M

Is this ok to line bedroom area with for winter?

Hi everyone. Iv been looking to make our huctches nice and warm for the winter. We are ordering a custom built all over hutch cover but Im looking to insulate the bedroom area. I was thinking of attaching this to the sides of the bedroom area...
  4. M

Need your help urgently!!

Hi everyone. We have 4 bunnies. 3boys and a girl. The girl I got from a lady who let both male and female free range. I had her checked by the vet who said she was not pregnant. Iv now had all 3 boys neutered and Beau was due to be neutered the 1st week in sept when we get paid as her spay was...
  5. M

Rabbit Grinding/clicking teeth?

Hi everyone. I was sat stroking Beau last night, She was spread across my legs and was very relaxed. She started grinding/clicking her teeth when I was stroking her. Does this mean she was happy or was i doing something wrong? x
  6. M

Unable to have a shed. Building hutch/playhouse ideas.

Hi everyone. Well our shed idea didn't go very well. Our garden has a very odd shaped patio. We have a small section which has soil in which is where we were planning on putting the shed. We dug up the bush to find A giant tree stump was blocking it!! We couldn't have the shed on the flags as...
  7. M

Adopting from a rescue

Hi everyone. I just wondered what process is involved in adopting from a rescue? Im in Rochdale. Lancashire. Home checks aren't a problem and I have written consent from my landlord to allow pets etc (obviousley as we have cats and bunnies). xx
  8. M

Building our shed tomorrow!

Is it so sad that I'm excited about having the shed all set up? We were given one off a lovely man on Freecycle. It all needs building and re-staining as its radioactive blue right now. Needs some new hinges and locks and some mesh instead of the plastice windows. Got all the materails today...
  9. M

Wish I was a millionaire....

I just wish I could in a lump sum. Id have a cat and bunny sanctuary. I'd buy a big plot of land and be a bunny and cat lady. I have 4 bunnies now. (All have been neutered and spayed) Going to work on the bonding of 2 pairs at first. Just seen an advert online for someone near me who is...
  10. M

Hay rack?

I went to the pet shop today and its meadow hay that iv been using as bedding for my bunnies. Is a Hay rack a wise thing to get for them? They tend to wee in one corner so Iv put a litter tray in there to hopefully try and get them to go in there. But incase of accidents elsewhere I dont want...
  11. M

Beau hates coming out of her hutch.

As you know I got beau from a lady who had over 20 bunnies. She didn't breed them as such but doesn't neuter and lets them mix. We have a large 2 tier homemade hutch. They free range during the day so are only inside the hutch at night. (we are having our shed delivered next week). My other 3...
  12. M

Hay question

Iv been to the local pet shop and bought a large bag of what I was told was straw, which I was planning on using as bedding/flooring. It looks more like hay/grass. Its not the yellow colour that straw is. They have nibbled it but not alot. What would I be best off doing with it? Using it as...
  13. M

Meet Beau :)

She is absolutely stunning! She is so placid and friendly. She has had some apple and spinach and a play in the garden. She has sniffed my other bunnies through the run but has kept her distance. Here is my beautiful girlie. The lady who I got her off said she hopes to see how beautiful her...
  14. M

Bunny makiing clucking noise?

Hi everyone. I was visiting family yesterday and their neighbour has bunnies so I went over to have a nosy :lol: She showed me all of them. She showed me an absolutley gorgeous girl. All white with harlequin ears and black fur round her eyes so it looks like eyeliner! :love: at first sight...
  15. M

Bella is a boy!!

I can't believe it! When Edward went to be neutered the vet asked about bella, age etc. As I had got her as a baby I knew how old she was etc. The vet said she wasn't due to be spayed for 2months. She had an appointment today for him to check her over as I took Timmy aswell (confused over...
  16. M

Washing Bella?

Hi everyone. All my bunnies were playing in the sunshine yesterday. We have split the garden into sections so they are all seperate but have a good amount of space. Each section has a wooden box my other half made as a shelter for them. Well out of the blue it started raining yesterday and...
  17. M

Confused over the sex of my rescue baby

Hi everyone. Hope everyone and their bunnies are doing well :D As you know I rescued a baby dutch bunny around 2 weeks ago now. (changed his name to Timmy from Jakey) I was told he was a boy. Edward has been neutered now. Went well :) Bella is not ready yet. The vet has said he will check...
  18. M

DIY hutch/run

Hi everyone. As we now have 3 bunnies. I'd love to build a hutch/run big enough for all 3. Iv seen some brilliant ones on here! We currently have Bella & Edward in a large 2 tier hutch, Jakey is in a smaller hutch as he is a baby. They have the run of downstairs aswell as supervised runs round...
  19. M

Will he be bullied?

As you know Iv rescued a tiny dutch bunny. He is only a baby so im not sure if he is scared or being bullied. I have a 4month old male whois due to be neutered this week. I usually let my bunnies run round my front room for a few hours to try and encourage them to realise im not a bad guy...
  20. M

I rescued him :)

Hi everyone. As some of you know. I was in a situation about whether to rescue a baby dutch bunny after his parents and some litter mates were killed by a dog. Well after talking with you all on here we decided we have room in our lives and hearts for another bunny. He arrived tonight and...
Back