• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. P

Housing both indoors and outdoors help

Thanks for the advice :) It wasnt the dog poo I was worried about - I clean that every day lol, it was the wee I was concerned about... As in Cakes eating grass that my dogs have wee'd on... I would love to get him a friend and am working on it with the hubby. Today he agreed to buy or build...
  2. P

Hey everyone

Welcome! LOVE your buns!!! :love::love:
  3. P

New play pens for the buns.

:love::love: Lucky!!!!!
  4. P

Captain Jack (Hamster)

me too and there are a damn lot of irresponsible ppl out there who would buy it then go "ehh dont want it but cbf taking it to a shelter' so they just let it go in the wild... But that sucks for responsible pet owners like me!!
  5. P

Captain Jack (Hamster)

It has something to do with our eco system and how we have already wrecked it with the introduction of other small creatures (namely rabbits unfortunately :() and now the government has a legislation about importing 'rodents'. We arent allowed HEAPS of small pets... Hammies, gerbils, chins...
  6. P

Good News!! *lotsa pics*

I know, its great! And with it being their first meeting too is super promising!
  7. P

Captain Jack (Hamster)

Nawwwww!!!! :love::love::love: I LOVE hammies! I WISH we could have them in Australia but alas they are illegal :( LOVE the name too!!
  8. P

Good News!! *lotsa pics*

I'm lucky my three are all small. Roo is only a little bigger than Pancakes lol! I am honestly S happy that it worked out today. I will be introducing Lilie to him tomorrow and them I think for the next few weeks I'll take one dog in at a time to chill with him and get used to him and if it all...
  9. P

Good News!! *lotsa pics*

Poor Pancakes is living in his little hutch in the living room cos I wont allow him to live outside anymore and he cant be free range indoors cos of the three dogs... Well tonight I was feeling gutsy and while he had his few hrs with me in the kitchen I took our smallest dog in with me who often...
  10. P

Looking for some advice - 1st time bun mum!

Ah yay! I was always wondering but they do look so similar. His markings are exactly like hers :)
  11. P

Thanks for that info! Hornsby is is Sydney - maybe 8 hrs from us. Canberra is closer so I'll take a look at the rescues there when Cakes is neutered... Charlee really looks a lot like our Mr. Cakes... They have the same markings and are the same colour... Maybe he is a ND too? He's about 1.5...
  12. P

Housing both indoors and outdoors help

The outdoor hutch is 3x3m and completely covered in hay but Cakes isnt going in it this winter much as its just too cold and I hate him being alone all the time... Plus no matter what I do, even when I cover the entire roof of the hutch the insides get wet in the rain and from the morning frosts...
  13. P

I live in the snowy mountains (NSW). We have snow and eagles here lol... nd butcher birds which are also pretty nasty...Where are you guys located? Thanks for the info fellow Aussies! I had no idea timothy hay was so hard to find here!! There is a massive rural industrial area near where I...
  14. P

How do you get rabbit wee out of carpets?

I'd make a paste with bi-carb soda, leave for 10 mins then spray white vinegar and let it foam up... wipe clean, spray with vinegar again, leave for 20(ish) minutes then rinse clean with water. That should get rid of the stain and also the smell too. If not, repeat. :)
  15. P

Saved some poor bunny from this terrible hutch

my poor bun man lived in something smaller than that for months :( Good on you for getting rid of it!!
  16. P

Hi all I'm new here!

I know, I dont understand it either but I put it down to impulse. They so badly want to be able to have a pet I guess but just cant do it. Literally every time they get one they say "it will be different this time", so they are well aware that they arent good with them... Still baffles me !
  17. P

Suggestions Please?

Thanks :) I just looked up the vet bed and it looks unreal!! I will definitely have to try to find one around here as he's pretty well litter trained already. He seems to be very, very clean and did it all on his own so I am unsure if thats normal (spec for an entire male)? I am so glad I have...
  18. P

I think I may call the local shelter branch today and let them know that I'm after a female bun and to call me if anything comes up... I'll also let the pet store know as they re-home a lot of animals also... (We live in a very small town and it happens toooooo much here :()
  19. P

He has a small ramekin in his cage (I think you can see in the photo?) which I half fill which I guess is just about an egg cup worth. Thanks for the info on the carrots! I will keep that in mind though he seems to be at a fairly healthy weight. What are some veggies I can give him which are...
  20. P

Hi all I'm new here!

No, actually my mother in law bought him as an "easter bunny" for our 2 year old nephew... When I visited he was cramped up in the hamster cage all alone in the laundry forgotten about and still nameless. I was mortified so I left with him and gave them no option of keeping him. (I can be pretty...
Back