• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. paulinejoe

Don't know what to do

My big squidgy boy Joe-Joe had to be put to sleep at the vets yesterday :cry: The vet said he had e-cuniculi. My dilemma is that he leaves behind Nutmeg who is 5. I won't be getting any more bunnies but nor do I want her to be alone for the rest of her life but can I rehome her with someone else...
  2. paulinejoe

Eaten a chilli plant

I potted a chilli plant and a gherkin plant from the garden centre in to bigger tubs yesterday but bought them in overnight and stupidly left them in the kitchen - gone to put them back out now the sun's in the garden and a very guilty looking JoeJoe is laying next to an empty pot where the...
  3. paulinejoe

Funny noises

Hello i bought my pair of outdoor buns in last autumn and all is well apart from some very odd and often loud noises coming from them! It's not the buzzing sound JoeJoe used to make while humping my leg before he got neutered, it's different. Sometimes it's like the gentle clucking sort of...
  4. paulinejoe

Jessie Bunniwunnikins

I know I haven't been on for absolutely ages since having Fabian but on Saturday 3rd November I went out to give the bunnies some nuggets and found little Jessie looking poorly and she wouldn't eat so I brought her in, and she accepted a little water from a syringe and we had a good cuddle and I...
  5. paulinejoe

Don't leave a bunny in a room unattended with............

..............a brand new 125litre bag of multipurpose compost :shock: especially not a fudgey coloured bunny (goes off to lie down in a darkened room with a large glass of wine)
  6. paulinejoe

Someone been in garden...

I'm fuming, i've been to see the midwife this morning, so popped home on my way back to work to see the puppy and the buns and when i walked round to the back garden to open the door i noticed the rain covers on J&J's run were compeltely off and on the roof of their hutch and the cover over the...
  7. paulinejoe

Nice surprise last night - bunnies on slabs!

I knew my OH had spoken to a bloke about putting my buns on slabs as since we moved they've been on a sloping bit of gravel with some hardboard under their run and i've been getting really upset about it - well - i got home last night and it's been done! And I didn't realise how nice he was...
  8. paulinejoe

Nutmeg - picture heavy!!

Here are some long overdue piccies of Nutmeg - she's certainly grown! - i've put her very first picture at the top so you can see the difference. I'm still not entirely sure what make of rabbit she is, i think people were right who said there's some wildie in there, but she's really come out of...
  9. paulinejoe

Nutmeg nearly gave me a heart attack...

I'd left her in the conservatory to have a run about - there's nothing in there she could get into mischief with so shut the door and cooked tea. Went back through to get her and couldnt find her :shock::shock: Ishouted my OH through as he'd been out to the wheelie bin so thought she must have...
  10. paulinejoe

Readigrass bargain

Everyone else probably knew this apart from me :oops::lol: but I'm well chuffed, I've just found you can order 15kg bags of Readigrass directly from Friendship Estates the people that make it and including postage it's £19.90, which is the equivalent of £1.32 a bag - I've been paying £3.56 a bag...
  11. paulinejoe

Update on Nutmeg - First binky tonight!

I'll take some photos tomorrow, but Nutmeg (the tiny baby bun my OH bought back from Wolverhampton http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=281079&highlight=rescued+baby+worried) got adventurous tonight and actually jumped off the settee and started exploring the front room, a bit...
  12. paulinejoe

Help, OH has 'rescued' a rabbit - worried sick - another update p75 more piccies!!

My OH was on his way to Wolverhampton this morning to survey a site, and when he was nearly there he saw a sign outside a house saying "free rabbits to a good home", so out of curiosity he stopped to have a look........he's now in posession of a baby bunny, which according to him is brown with...
  13. paulinejoe

ferret on the loose in Ossett

Theres a sign up in tesco express saying a polecat ferret is missing from swithenbank avenue ossett, so anybun in the area might like to keep an eye out especially if your buns are free rangeing
  14. paulinejoe

Pure Pastures Meadow hay for eating??

Just a quick question, it's pay day woo-hoo but i'm skint already :( so...does anybun use the pure pastures meadow hay? Is it alright? It's just the hay experts have got a 4kg bag for just over a fiver and I'm dithering whether to try it or not?
  15. paulinejoe

vet beds for chewy rabbits -UD Vetbed on offer to a rescue if you would like it!

I ordered a large vetbed from the hay experts last week but it's not what i expected - my fault not theirs- i thought it was a smooth surface (i think it was the bit in the descriptions about the seams being double stitched that threw me) but it's actually quite "cotton-woolly" - now Joejoes a...
  16. paulinejoe

Stringy poo

So, I'm obsessively checking Joejoe and Jessies poo after last weeks stasis episode, although it's pretty impossible to tell whose who's, but it has all looked ok since they got home last night. But...I've just been in the kitchen, and I think it was Jessies as she sits in the bowl of hay...
  17. paulinejoe

Is tap water really safe for buns?

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of what caused Joes stasis last week and one prime candidate (apart from that wind/rain storm we had) is the Asda bagged prewashed greens. I understand they are washed in a chlorine type stuff, and it just got me thinking, that as our tap water is...
  18. paulinejoe

Joejoe & Jessie back in vets again :o( + a few piccies -UD - back home + pics!!!

:DJoejoe wasn't right still and started grinding his teeth, hard to tell with two buns, but don't think he was pooping and what i think were Jess's were tiny and hard. He ate a small amount of kale, fresh herbs and hay/dried herbs and a couple of fenugreek crunchies if offered them but nowhere...
  19. paulinejoe

They're home :0) Think bagged greens were the culprit...

Joejoe and Jessie are back from the vets :) Jessies not too bad but Joe is still very sleepy from his dental and i'm in his bad books :( I tried giving him a noserub but he huffed off in the pop up tent and showed me his bobtail :roll: he did take a little bit of dried meadow mix when i...
  20. paulinejoe

Jess been admitted now to be with Joe UD P9 - They're coming home :0)

Jess has been admitted tonight now to join Joejoe :( She isn't in full on stasis but her gut sounds are slower than they should be, and she'd hardly eaten today, although she accepted some dried herb meadow mix when i offered her it by hand, and hardly any poops and the ones she had done were...
Back