• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: Butterfly. Dental lionhead, needing special home

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
These bunnies have divorced, and Little has been rehomed. Butterfly is still looking for his forever home.
Little and Butterfly are my fosters. They are being home through a rescue but I'm in charge of finding them the perfect home that can meet their needs. They must be rehomed together.

Little

Foster9Little136.jpg

*Age- Roughly 14 months at the time of posting
*Breed- Lionhead
*Marking- Blue self
*Sex- Male
*Vaccinated- Yes
*Spayed- Yes
*Arrived- July 2010
*Been in Foster care since- November 2010

Butterfly

20110520_22.jpg

*Age- Roughly 14 months at the time of posting
*Breed- Lionhead
*Marking- Blue Butterfly
*Sex- Male
*Vaccinated- Yes
*Spayed- Yes
*Arrived- July 2010
*Been in Foster care since- November 2010

Little and Butterfly are brothers who were dumped at the rescue in July 2010, with their siblings.

Little and Butterfly came to be in foster care because they were not thriving at the rescue. As they are lionheads, they need a higher protein diet than the average rabbit and were not getting this. When they arrived, aged roughly 7 months, they weighed 570g and 712g, respectively.

Since arriving and getting on a better diet, they have gone from strength to strength- developed their 'bits' and been neutered and grown so that they are in line with their other short furred siblings.

Both bunnies have a history of dental issues.

Little had a dental when he was neutered at the start of January 2011. Since then, his teeth have remained stable, despite looking horrendous before. We think that because he has finally grown, and is thriving, his teeth have evened themselves out. He will need to be watched to ensure that any signs of problems are picked up.

Butterfly had his first dental in mid May 2011 and already, two months on, is looking like he will need another one in the not too distant future. He will need to be watched carefully for signs that he is uncomfortable. When he needed a dental before he didn't show any of the 'classic' teeth related signs, just went quieter than normal, and lost a small amount of weight. Any home will need to be super vigilant with him.

Little and Butterfly, as a pair, are absolutely hilarious! Butterfly is a lot like a puppy, and has a constantly surprised look. He is the leader of the pair and invariably Little will follow him wherever he goes. Both are not keen on the process of being picked up, but once you have them, they very much enjoy strokes. This is good, given that Little, in particular, does need sporadic grooming to help with his lionhead coat.

Little and Butterfly are both exceptionally enthusiastic and like to leg it around binkying and bunny 500-ing wherever they can, even in the smallest space. This means they need a whole load of space wherever they go. Butterfly is a digger, so will need somewhere very secure, and my carpet provides evidence that he can create holes in carpets, so it's important to be aware of that.

Both Little and Butterfly are deemed 'unadoptable' by the rescue, and they are unable to keep them there. Thankfully, they found themselves with me, and if I can find them a home I trust, then the rescue will allow them to be adopted out. I'm looking for a Sanctuary space, or someone who has knowledge and experience of a dental bunny and will be able to meet their needs. If it's a regular person looking to adopt them, then I will likely ask for relevant references/recommendations (such as from a vet) to ensure that they are going to have a good life, with the right person, and won't ever, EVER, be left to suffer (which is my worst fear).

This pair of beautiful, beautiful bunnies are a comedy pair; a healing pair. They will bring laughter into any home and so much pleasure. If I could keep them, I would, because they are just hilarious, but sadly, I don't have the finances to keep another two dental bunnies permanently, however, they are here until they have the right home for them.

To give you an idea of their personality, then please have a look here and watch these videos. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291212

If you are genuinely interested in this pair, then please contact me so we can have a chat.

20110520_38.jpg

Last edited:
Back