• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Salt Savours & Lava Bites

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I read in another thread that mineral sticks are not good for bunnies. What about the above. My buns adore them although they don't get them very often.

I read in another thread that mineral sticks are not good for bunnies. What about the above. My buns adore them although they don't get them very often.

Nope they really don't need them unless a vet has diagnosed a mineral deficiency. They can even do more harm than good - extra salts and calcium - raised blood pressure and sludgy bladder/renal stones - i'd take them out if I were you. Buns on a healthy balanced diet just don't need these sorts of supplements or salt/mineral toys. :)

Okies, will do, might have a fight on my hands *lol* What about the lava bites? I take it they arn't the best either?

Not sure what they are sorry!

How about some apple or pear fruit tree branches instead? Perhaps someone you know has got some trees you can offer to prune! ;)
Hazel and willow are good too - and when freshly cut buns love them :)

I got some Excel gnaw sticks but they arn't interested. I'm going to get my dad to drill a hole in them so I can put them on the Kabob stick thingy. Maybe they will have a nibble if they arn't on the floor amongst everything else. :lol:

Back