• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New excel!!

Bunnyx

Warren Scout
I have just been to our local pets at home and noticed that the excel has a new completely new packet and when I looked at the ingredinets its now 39%fibre!!!:D:D Im so pleased :lol: it was on offer so I bought a bag ill try and upload a pic later anyone else seen it?

Really :D
Mine are on Allen and paige but prefer excel and with a new higher fibre content i may try them on it!

Although Fudge did get runny poo on excel and she is great on A&P! Is it worth trying to sticking to what i knows best?

Umm...Im not quite sure if the actual recipie is different ill have to check as I still have some left of the other bag. Dont worry I will introduce it gradually. Well you could give it a try I spose...my two love there excel but I thought I was going to have to change as I was a bit worried that the fibre content was only 16% but now this new one contains 39% thats great! Ill let you know how my two get on with it! I went on the burgess website and it says theres a new website coming soon so it will probably show it on there then!

I know Im a bit confused but I spose if you are someone like me who feeds thier rabbits on excel all the time wouldnt you just conmtinur feeding it the same way?:S It douesnt say anything different on the bag one sec ill post some pics of it. By the way it also says that its a bristish food is this good?

DSC07100.jpg

DSC07102.jpg

DSC07106.jpg

DSC07104.jpg

DSC07105.jpg

Dont know wether you can just about see the 39% fibre sorry its not very clear x

They didnt have the new packet of the junior one in stock yet I think its only just come out they will probably have all of them in soon though this one says it can be fed from 16 weeks though and yes it is the adult one, keep an eye out in your local pet shop or pah

....39% fibre?!?!?!? :shock::shock::shock: WOW!

Wonder if I should try gently moving them onto it :love: though they do seem to be quite happy with their SS pellets and get plenty of hay already :?

What's the percentage of A&P?
TBH - mine do a lot better on A&P and it is WAY cheaper, although they do much prefer Excel.

This excel was on offer today in pah £5 for a big bag!

Ive just checked the ingredients on the new bag and the old bag and they are different!!!

Old excel:
INGREDIENTS: Cereal grains, dried forages, products and by-products of legume seeds, derivatives of vegetable origin, minerals, oils and fats, fructo-oligosaccharides and tocopherol-rich extracts of natural origin.

New excel:
INGREDIENTS: Grass, Oat bran, wheat, soya bean hulls, lucerne, peas, yeast, molasses, mint, soya oil, calcium carbonate, monocalcium, phosphate, Ligno-cellulose, fructo-oligosaccharides 0.25%, salt, vitamins and minerals, contains natural antioxidants.

So I guess I will have to introduce it gradually over a few days
By the way remember that the 39% fibre is only in the new bags so keep an eye out for them x

My buns have always had excel.THink will go buy a bag so i can mix it in with the old stuff just in case it causes a problem.Is it the same price?

Interesting - the SS guy at the RWA conference was telling me that SS had recently overtaken burgess as market leader - I wonder if that and the launch of the SS mature/junior range has prompted Burgess to revamp their product. Be interesting to see what it is like, how much it costs, how long its shelf life is and whether bunnies seem to like it :)

Interesting - the SS guy at the RWA conference was telling me that SS had recently overtaken burgess as market leader - I wonder if that and the launch of the SS mature/junior range has prompted Burgess to revamp their product. Be interesting to see what it is like, how much it costs, how long its shelf life is and whether bunnies seem to like it :)

Oh yeh! I notcied the other day that SS had food for junior and mature bunnies yes it will be interesting to see I will let you know what my two buns think of it and yes it is the same price as I said it was on offer today in pah which why I thought oooo Ill grab that and when I saw the 39% I couldnt belive my eyes :lol: Anyway on the burgess website www.burgesspetcare.co.uk it says there will be a new website launching in April so maybe they will show all thier new things then!! I will be checking x x

New excel:
INGREDIENTS: Grass, Oat bran, wheat, soya bean hulls, lucerne, peas, yeast, molasses, mint, soya oil, calcium carbonate, monocalcium, phosphate, Ligno-cellulose, fructo-oligosaccharides 0.25%, salt, vitamins and minerals, contains natural antioxidants.x

Isn't molasses a form (/byproduct) of sugar? :shock: or am I mis-educated? :lol:

Yes it is - they pretty much all have a small amount of it in, though :) Given that it comes after yeast in the ingredients list, it's going to be a tiny amount I'd have thought.

There seems to be alot of mention of calcium in it,I hope it will be ok for B on her low calcium diet.Think I will email Burgess.

Just picked up a bag of this new Excel from our P@H. The nutritional analysis states 'Beneficial Fibre 39%' and then 'Crude Fibre 19%'. It goes on to explain how manufacturers are only required to list the crude fibre on their food but that crude fibre isn't a measure of the total beneficial fibre content. I think I may send an email to the Science Selective peeps to find out what the beneficial fibre content is of their pellets.

Not sure if we're being 'had' here. I'd like to think that the 39% fibre is a new thing -fantastic if it is. But until we know what the beneficial fibre content of SS pellets is, how do we know that the new Excel pellets are any better than SS, given the crude fibre content is 19% on both the new Excel and SS pellets? Mind you, the first ingredient on the new Excel pellets is 'grass' which can only be a good thing.

Back