• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT APPEAL, Help the Gloucestershire 61/ WINNER ANNOUNCED

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
61 rabbits are in the process of being removed from ONE house in Gloucestershire at the moment. This is being organised by Alice who runs a fantastic rabbit rescue. Once these bunnies have been taken in and assessed many will be moving to other rabbit rescues across the country.

The majority of these bunnies are not neutered and none are vaccinated. As it costs around £80 per bunny to get this done you can begin to imagine the cost of this rescue. To make matters worse some of the rabbits are in mixed sex groups so 61 rabbits are going to multiply in the not to distant future.

I am organising a fundraiser to help cover some of the costs of getting these bunnies ready for their forever homes. Although all money will come to me initially I will then divide it up as equally as possible between the rescues that have taken some of these bunnies in. NONE OF THE MONEY IS FOR OUR SANCTUARY, we are not doing any fundraising for ourselves, we just want to do as much as we can for these poor bunnies.

THE FUNDRAISER

GUESS THE TOTAL WEIGHT OF THE 61 RESCUE RABBITS​

Each rabbit is being weighed as it is assessed so at the end we will know the total weight of all the rabbits.

We want you guesses in Kg/grams please, each guess is £2

We accept paypal and cheques. Please pm with your guess and for payment details. Your guess will be added once payment has been received.

The person with the correct or closest guess will win a brand new rabbit rescue T-shirt. It is a great design ( I have 3 :oops: ) and is only available in the US. Piccy to follow :)

Here is a couple of pictures of bunnies rescued yesterday to help you guess
rescuebuns.jpg

rescuebuns2.jpg

Closing date is in 4 weeks, winner will be announced on the evening of February 15th

Last edited:
172kg :D I'll bring my money with me, when I next come down if that's okay?

I'm awful with weights hehe I just times 61 by 3 and 61 by 2.5 and chose a number in the middle :lol: :lol:

Thanks Kirsty :D:wave:

I was going to suggest that they would weigh between 2-3kg to help people out. But of course some of them may be youngsters and others are probably pregnant just to make things more complicated :lol:

Thanks Kirsty :D:wave:

I was going to suggest that they would weigh between 2-3kg to help people out. But of course some of them may be youngsters and others are probably pregnant just to make things more complicated :lol:

and some may be giants who weigh 5 - so I'm guessing if you average it out, you'd have 2-3 kg a bunny :lol:

and some may be giants who weigh 5 - so I'm guessing if you average it out, you'd have 2-3 kg a bunny :lol:

Don't think there are any giants, they are all pretty much the size in the picture. I think a lot of breeding has gone on there so they are all probably related one way or another :(

I'm useless at things like this, but I'll guess 199kgs - have pm'd you Liz for details of where to send a cheque xx

Here is a picture of the prize, the T-shirt looks grey in the piccys but is actually a dark combat green :)

HPIM1487.jpg

HPIM1486.jpg

It says size large, but I will try to find a tape measure to get the actual chest measurement.

I know. I have 2 sweatshirts and anothe T-shirt with it on. Thought I should give the other away otherwise I will be continually wearing the same thing :lol: ( not obsessed at all )

i would like to guess two weights please i will send a fiver... whats your address please or who am i sending it to?! many thanks do i pm the guess or put on here? my guesses are 233kg and183 kg if already been guessed i will re try.... lol x

i would like to guess two weights please i will send a fiver... whats your address please or who am i sending it to?! many thanks do i pm the guess or put on here? my guesses are 233kg and183 kg if already been guessed i will re try.... lol x

Thanks kate, I will pm you the address now :D

Back