• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daniel

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
I cant quite believe that Im writing this. I feel numb, and like my world has ended. Daniel came to us in May, fate definately threw us all together. He was the softest, most gentle rabbit I have ever, ever known. He'd follow us to the bathroom, sit at the door until we'd finished, and follow us back. He'd come to you if you called him, and would sit for quite literally, hours on your knee having a cuddle. He'd be asleep in minutes. He quickly gained the nickname 'Daniel the spaniel'. Rhia was smitten, and Dan adored her. He'd follow her everywhere, and when she was poorly, he didnt leave her side. Daniel suddenly lost a lot of weight a couple of weeks ago, and started to drink a lot of water. He continued to loose weight dramatically despite eating as he wished and being on antibiotics. He became a bag of bones, didnt move, and when he did he was stumbling around; he looked so so very poorly. We got his blood results back yesterday, and I dont think any of us expected just how bad they would be. His liver was bad, possibly with tumors, he was aneamic and his cell counts were dangerously low; the red especially. The general thought is that Daniel had been poorly before any of us ever knew him. There wasnt an option of him getting better, and he was in pain. So last night, we let our little boy go. It has broken all our hearts, and we are all devestated.

Sweetheart, I dont need to tell you how much we all love you. You were everything to us, and our lives are going to be lacking so much without you. We feel so privilaged that you chose us to spend your last few months with, Sleep tight darling :cry: X

RhiaDaniel19thMay08005.jpg

RhiaDaniel19thMay08051.jpg

RhiaDaniel19thMay08007.jpg

Buns.jpg

Photograph5.jpg

Animals009.jpg

Rabbits020.jpg

2008_0113Rabbits0024.jpg

DSCF0702.jpg

DSCF0699.jpg

DSCF0886.jpg

This is the last photo we took of him I think, enjoying the sunshine on Monday morning :cry:

DSCF0970.jpg

Oh no!! :cry: I'm so shocked to read this. You are going through such a tough time at the moment, Becki. :(

Daniel was gorgeous. xxx

Omg becki no not daniel i just refreshed the page and seen a post daniel i thouht they were pics then when i looked across it said rainbow bridge and i just fell off the settee and started crying :cry::cry::cry: i can't believe you have lost him i'm so sorry :cry:

RIP daniel you will be very much missed

Huge hugs to you becki and to rhia

oh becki i have tears in my eyes bcus i knew this thread would soon appear.

He was the most gorgeous boy, and like i said over msn this is just far far too cruel. Rhia deserved to have Daniel, and he deserved her. Fate definatly fut you together and try and take comfort in the fact that Daniel and Rhia gave each other so much happiness in the short time they had together.

I think you are so incredibly brave, you have gine through far too much with your animals and it just isnt fair.

that photo of you and daniel is so sweet, he adored you.

I am glad he got to spend his last few months with such an amzing family, you, your mum and rhia.

he deserved that.

Binky free Daniel, you were so so loved

I am so so sorry. I must have missed threads about him being poorly. I didn't expect to see his name here. Hugs to you and Rhia, I can't believe so much sadness can happen to such good people. xx

sleep tight little daniel :cry: he must have lots of fond and happy memories of both you and rhia.so sorry :cry:

Becki ...ive already said it but ill say it again ...im so very sorry ..

thank you so much for giving Daniel a home and for taking such good care of him .. He was surrounded by love and in the end you gave him the most important gift of all ... a dignified peaceful passing to free him from pain .

gawd now im crying ..

sending hugs

:( :( :(

:shock::shock:
I am so sorry Becki, as I know how much you love your pets past and present. Give Rhia a snuggle from me

Sleep tight Daniel xxx

Becki, I am so incredibly sorry. It was obvious how much this bunny meant to you. But please take comfort in the fact that he died knowing love and happiness.

Thinking of you and Rhia xx

Back