• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hawkbit

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Hawkbit passed away early this morning. He had been through so much and really deserved a chance of a forever loving home but it wasn't to be :cry:

Hawkbit arrived here as part of the blackpool 50 on Saturday. He was hot, tired and stressed from the journey, but by Sunday we knew it was more than that as the others were bright and lively but he was refusing to eat. We started him on treatment as soon as we could, it was obvious he was in a bad way, he was skin and bones weighing only 1.4kg.

Monday morning he went in for surgery to remove an abscess from his tongue and lots of molar spurs. We new it was high risk but Hawkbit was a fighter and made it through. He even started to eat a little on his own.

Tuesday morning came and I could see the life had gone from his eyes. He didn't appear in pain just to have given up, it had all become too much for him. I syringe fed him through out the day. We sat in the garden together all morning to see if the sunshine would cheer him up. And it did seem to help, he lay stretched out pushing himself against my legs and I thought there was a chance we could get him back.

By the evening he had started to become floppy,I took him outside again to enjoy the evening, and he lay craddled in my arms. I told him about rainbow bridge and how nice it was there in case he had to leave me. I told him what a binky was as I know he would never have had the chance to do one before. I said that he would be able to do lots at the bridge, but that if he got better he would be able to do lots here as well. I told him how much I wanted him to get better as I wanted to be the one to see his first binky.

I settled him down in the evening with a hotwater bottle and a cuddly rabbit for company. Steve stayed with him until 2 in the morning and I checked him at 5.30 and gave him a fresh hot waterbottle. It was then I noticed he had started to eat a bit. I thought maybe we had turned a corner and went back to bed happy. A couple of hours later he had passed away.

Hawkbit, you were only with us for a few days but you will never be forgotten. You deserved so much more out of life, I only wish I had the chance to give it to you.
I hope you have found out what a binky is and that you are now happy, strong and pain free. I wish I could have been there to see it.

Binky free forever little man xxx

HPIM1062.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Liz, I'm so sorry Hawkbit didn't make it. Hope you find happiness & are able to do lots of binkies at the bridge Hawkbit, sleep tight little man xx

Last edited:
Beautiful words. I am in tears. I am so glad Hawkbit spent his last few days with you Liz.

Binky free forever Hawkbit xx

So sorry to hear that Hawkbit has gone to the bridge, at least he knew your love and care before he went.

Binky free Hawkbit

x x x

Take Care Little Hawkbit, you'll probably bump into Stu as he's a newcomer. Hope you look out for one and another.

What beautiful words for him xx

I am so very sorry Hawkbit, you did deserve more but you will have a better life at the bridge, So very sorry xxx

I'm so very sorry:cry: Take comfort in the knowledge that Hawkbit felt unconditional love due his brief time with you. it will be little consolation right now i know:cry: thinking of you x

That is so sad - he was so gorgeous. RIP Hawkbit - binky free and be happy. Thank you Hugos There, and Neil-and-Maria for making his last days on Earth happier and filled with love. You did a great thing and I am sure Hawkbit loved you for it, even though it was only for a short time. Big hugs xxx

:cry: Oh, thats made me cry too. I'm glad he spent his last days with you Liz where he was loved and cared for. You did everything for him you could. Binky free now beautiful Hawkbit x x x

Back