• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Died Under Anaesthetic

i am so sorry :(

if its any consolation my bif went in for a dental and "died" but they got her back.....and shes so ill.
vet said its an underlying illness and took bloods....PLUS a sudden reaction to the propofol as it was as soon as that went in that she went.

to be honest i think its the inevitable delayed:cry:

my heart goes out to you.xx

binky free little one xx

My Poor Poor Dusty

Hello all can do with a bit of support because this Tuesday 19th October 2010 my precious bunny dusty died after complications during an operation.

Like most posts on here i know its not uncommon for a rabbit to die in a second operation like he did but to me i am so upset about it as he was in vets for a few days before surgery being fed because of a bad tooth and he was not eating and vets wanted to make sure surgery was needed as its not good for them to go under GA.

I was told by partner he died and called vets and they were so upset as they tried to resuscitate him but all efforts failed and was pronounced dead at 1pm that afternoon : ( I was very close to him as he was a cheeky bunny and loved his cuddles and he really was like a baby having bottom cleaned and brushed and the baths but he was an angel no matter what he went through.

The worse part of it was he was nearly 2 years old and think it was so young to die and just wish i was with him if it had to happen.

I got two other rabbits one which is a female who had an operation to spay her and she had complications and was in shock and had to be fed at vets before she got better and the boy rabbit her lover is due for a castration and dreading it so badly as i think its not worth the risk to have it done as don’t want to lose him.

I went to see Dusty twice before they sent him to cremation and are having his ashes put in a picture frame with his pictures of him eating an ice lolly (vets said was okay as made veg ones for him) and some really adorable ones of him with me.

Sorry for all the words just so in shock and cant stop crying as feels like i lost a human being as he was so special.

All through this the vets were great they told us we wont need to pay for the surgery which he died from and they took foot prints and were generally upset for us so pets at home vets thank you.

RIP my snuggle bunny may god be giving you your fav ice lollies and your veg you so loved and that you are being cared for by my relatives up there. You will be so badly missed and sorry mama was not able to be by your side due to sudden death.

Gone will be them belly dances you loved from me and them kisses we shared but my memories of you shall remain and when i die we shall meet again and never part my little man.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i love you with all my heart and although i feel guilt for letting them operate i know it was for the best as not eating well was not good for you but i know you are with me and you loved me dearly as i did you baby sleep in peace my special angel. all my love Mama xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all can do with a bit of support because this Tuesday 19th October 2010 my precious bunny dusty died after complications during an operation.

Like most posts on here i know its not uncommon for a rabbit to die in a second operation like he did but to me i am so upset about it as he was in vets for a few days before surgery being fed because of a bad tooth and he was not eating and vets wanted to make sure surgery was needed as its not good for them to go under GA.

I was told by partner he died and called vets and they were so upset as they tried to resuscitate him but all efforts failed and was pronounced dead at 1pm that afternoon : ( I was very close to him as he was a cheeky bunny and loved his cuddles and he really was like a baby having bottom cleaned and brushed and the baths but he was an angel no matter what he went through.

The worse part of it was he was nearly 2 years old and think it was so young to die and just wish i was with him if it had to happen.

I got two other rabbits one which is a female who had an operation to spay her and she had complications and was in shock and had to be fed at vets before she got better and the boy rabbit her lover is due for a castration and dreading it so badly as i think its not worth the risk to have it done as don’t want to lose him.

I went to see Dusty twice before they sent him to cremation and are having his ashes put in a picture frame with his pictures of him eating an ice lolly (vets said was okay as made veg ones for him) and some really adorable ones of him with me.

Sorry for all the words just so in shock and cant stop crying as feels like i lost a human being as he was so special.

All through this the vets were great they told us we wont need to pay for the surgery which he died from and they took foot prints and were generally upset for us so pets at home vets thank you.

RIP my snuggle bunny may god be giving you your fav ice lollies and your veg you so loved and that you are being cared for by my relatives up there. You will be so badly missed and sorry mama was not able to be by your side due to sudden death.

Gone will be them belly dances you loved from me and them kisses we shared but my memories of you shall remain and when i die we shall meet again and never part my little man.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i love you with all my heart and although i feel guilt for letting them operate i know it was for the best as not eating well was not good for you but i know you are with me and you loved me dearly as i did you baby sleep in peace my special angel. all my love Mama xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry for your tragic loss :cry:

My thoughts are with everyone who has lost a bunny recently:cry::cry::cry::cry: And anyone who has ever lost a bunny, they really become part of the family, and then they are taken away, I know how it feels:cry::cry::cry::cry:
xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I know how you feel, one of my bunnies died under anaesthetic a few years ago and he was only 4 :(
x x x

I'm so so sorry, a bun is part of a family like a little daughter or son.Time is a great healer but don't be afraid to cry even when time has moved on.Your hearts and souls will be forever entwined.xxx

I am so sorry for your sudden loss. You obviously loved him so so very much and I am sure he knew how lucky he was to be loved by you. Thinking of you. Sleep tight Dusty. x

:( I am so very sorry Rabbitlover25.

My thoughts are with you and the others who have lost their loved ones recently.

Last edited:
Back