• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bolt has a new girlfriend!

Bolt

Young Bun
Hi,

We just got a new girlfriend for Bolt but the bonding stage will not happen till 2 weeks later.

The person we got it from breeds mini lops for over 15 years, there was 2 both same color 1 was 10 weeks old and other was 8 weeks, we took the 10 weeks one because the other one was very active and couldnt actually hold her, she jumps out of our hands.

But this one behaves though she does vibrate her legs sometimes when picked up.

I'm asking since we cant put her (named Kiwi) with bolt in his cage, is there anything i can do to make her comfy for the 2 weeks she is in a seperate cage in a different house?

shes currently eating her pellets but i havent seen her poop, pee or drink, shes been with us for 6 hours so far. She doesnt seem scared of us but seemsm to just sit there staring into space.

any advice is appreciated! here are some pics!

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

So i have a question, Kiwi is new and she behaves fine but the only thing i'm worried about it, whenever we pick her up, most of the time she poops.

I think she might be scared, her feet sometimes vibrate very quick but now is day 2 and it doesnt happen so much when we pick her up.

The poop still does but when I pick her up, she doesnt do it often.

Is this because she is still young? she is 10/11 weeks old. Here are some pics for your time :)

IMG_6058800x600.jpg

IMG_6151800x600.jpg

IMG_6129800x600.jpg

IMG_6133800x600.jpg

IMG_6121800x600.jpg

My conti poo's when I pick him up sometimes too. I can never work out why as he doesn't act as if he's scared at all. I kind of wondered if I was either squishing his tum when I picked him up (he weighs an absolute ton so it wouldn't surprise me if the initial pick up was quite uncomfortable for him) or I wondered if he does it on purpose to try and get me to put him back down again! :roll::lol:

So, in answer to your question - I've no idea! :oops: I just figured it'd ease the worry a little if you knew other buns do it too! :wave:

:wave: I have a baby bunny I adopted her Sunday and have only picked her up once to check her over, I checked her briefly before putting her in her pen, I have spent a lot of time at her level just talking to her and very gently stroking her when she comes to me, I don't force her to come to me, it's now at the stage where when I walk past she runs to the front of the pen, you need to slow things right down, put her in a secure area with lots and lots of hay - no need for caprisun :lol: She needs a nice soft towel, a covered area a sturdy cardboard box on it's side or a carrier with the front off, a litter tray so you can collect up her poops and put them in there for her so she will learn where to go, a bowl of cooled boiled water and bottle and her nuggets but most importantly lots and lots of hay. A tunnel would be good and a couple of willow toys to chew, remove all other foreign potentially harmful objects and protect her from draughts here is a pic of Pixie in her pen next to her husband to be (notice the bricks to prevent the bars being pushed together)

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00993.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

She has only been here since Sunday but, has been allowed to settle and feel secure, you need to be very careful, that bunny is completely reliant on you to make her safe and feel secure, handling her too much and allowing her on beds etc this soon into it is a bit risky at this stage, she needs rest and to feel secure. Of course you need to handle her a bit but, it's much better to let her come to you and gently pet her. You need to gain her trust or you are just scaring her off.

Last edited:
Back