• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey, our new special bunny

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:love::love:

I am so in love with this bunny already :love: He arrived Sunday after we were asked if we could take him in as he had been signed over to a vets by his owner. He is 8 years old and has lots of health problems but is so loving and gentle. He has major dental problems and was left to loose far too much weight before seeking vet treatment :( He is literally a bag of bones, he has rolls of loose skin hanging from his back. He weighs just over 2kg, but he looks like he should be bigger than Elwood and Elwood weighs 3 kg. He is very weak but very determined. Bloods showed he had hepatic lipidosis and has an immunosuppressant problem. we are getting fresh bloods done on Friday to see if there is permanent liver damage. He also has breathing problems and a heart murmur.

He is struggling to eat anything and prefers to eat when hand fed. His poos are smaller than Mini Mouses and that is saying something :shock:

I don't know if we can get Harvey back on top form or whether too much damage has been done, but we will certainly give it our best shot, and either way he will be cared for and loved for the remainder of his time :D

He seems to have already joined " the special boys" :) Elwood, Eddie and wesley accepted him straight away. Those boys are strange :lol::lol: I now need to build them bigger accommodation so they can stay together permanently :)

He has already worked out how to jump on the sofa for a sleep, although given the weakness in his back legs his technique leaves a lot to be desired :?

P5110161.jpg

P5110165.jpg

P5110166.jpg

P5110170.jpg

Eating dried Dandelion with Elwood :love:
P5110171.jpg

P5110176.jpg

Thank you so much for asking us to take him in :wave: He is just wonderful :love:

No, thank YOU for offering him a forever home.

I wonder whether he was kept in really small accommodation as he is pretty stiff in the back legs.

Have you sniffed his head yet? :oops: It smells wonderful! Proper bunny smell! :love:

No, thank YOU for offering him a forever home.

I wonder whether he was kept in really small accommodation as he is pretty stiff in the back legs.

Have you sniffed his head yet? :oops: It smells wonderful! Proper bunny smell! :love:

This legs are very weak, but it could well be due to the weight loss, he has absolutely no muscle, just rolls of loose skin, its like he is wearing a skirt :(

I have had no choice about sniffing his head, he keeps licking my nose :lol::lol:

This legs are very weak, but it could well be due to the weight loss, he has absolutely no muscle, just rolls of loose skin, its like he is wearing a skirt :(

I have had no choice about sniffing his head, he keeps licking my nose :lol::lol:

Hehe! Bless his little saggy bum! :love:

Hes gorgeous Liz :love::love: Very stunning little bunny. He does look like hes meant to be a big bunny, can tell that by just looking at his head :) xXx

Hes gorgeous Liz :love::love: Very stunning little bunny. He does look like hes meant to be a big bunny, can tell that by just looking at his head :) xXx

I think he has got a bit of frenchie in his because of his head shape, his head is so much bigger than his poor body. His head is also a lot bigger than Elwoods and he is a large dwarf lop. i have never seen a bunny with so many empty folds of skin :(

Back