• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel mean

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
I fell really mean today!
Grace is still peeing on the bed! We have changed the covers everytime she pees but she still does it! I was reading one of my rabbit books and it said to shut her in the kennel with the litter tray until she uses it.
So i did this last night and woke up to find the litter tray overturned and litter everywhere!
I let her out for a run and she jumped straight on the bed and peed!!!!! At 8.30 i put her and her litter tray back in her kennel.
My mum is going to let her out for runs throughout the day but i feel really mean! Does anyone have anyother suggestions to stop her peeing on the bed???

hi there firstly i must say i am getting a little confused, everytime we converse i can u phil who is phil you are you mum? and what is the others name? :D

anyway when i get a rabbit i contain it to its living quarters for a few days until it is more or less litter trained, especially wee, and i find most adapt to the weeing bit really quick although if they can smell other rabbits they tend to mark there territtory more but i find thats more with droppings that wee, although hermonie keeps jumping on my sofa and weeing on it cause she can smell hagrid, so i dont let her on the sofa anymore and if i do i kick her of as soon as she lifts that tail!

so the advise is container for a little will and if that dont work dont let her on the bed at all!

eve x

bunnylove said:
hi there firstly i must say i am getting a little confused, everytime we converse i can u phil who is phil you are you mum? and what is the others name? :D

eve x

What??? know im confused with this bit!

Thanks eve for the advise though! i will just have to feel mean for a few days then XXXX

Your bunny Grace sounds like my cat Jack.
He only pees on the duvet if there is a cover on it.... :?
I was told to go back to basic litter training with him....give him a treat when he uses his tray.
Is she stressed maybe?
What about seeing a pet behaviour expert??
It is so infuriating when you pull back the covers to go to bed and there is a big puddle waiting for you....especially if ur tired!
I hope you find a solution soon.

leesa.

Thanks Lessa, i was thinking Stress with moving but she has been here for over a week and she doesn't pee anywhere else apart from the bed!!! :evil:

I think i will just have to go back to basic litter training as mean as it makes me feel XX

Phill said:
bunnylove said:

eve x

What??? know im confused with this bit!

Thanks eve for the advise though! i will just have to feel mean for a few days then XXXX

sorry if i have confused you too honey, what i mean is you are phil i take it? but doesnt your mum use the forum as well under your name?

eve x

:lol: :lol: No i am Phill or Phillipa my mum doesn't use the forum i just show her stuff on here or ask her to look at posts with probs if i can't think of anything but it's always me who answers XX

My mummy isn't very computer minded! lol

Phill said:
:lol: :lol: No i am Phill or Phillipa my mum doesn't use the forum i just show her stuff on here or ask her to look at posts with probs if i can't think of anything but it's always me who answers XX

My mummy isn't very computer minded! lol

i must be going mad i am sure i remember you saying your mum got on here to, i think it was when one of your buns or maybe it was bailey was at the vets and you were at not at the house and you said your mum would get on here and tell us how they were!!!

sorry phil i must be definately going mad, maybe it is the thought of the school summer holidays drawing real close! :shock: :lol: :lol:

with love phil Eve :D x

Don't feel mean, you can't have her peeing on your bed - it'll end up stinking!
You must break the habit - don't let her on the bed (easier said than done, I know) and confining her with her tray is also a good idea. We have to do this sometimes with cats that have, for some reason, become anti social in their toilet habits! They are usually retrained in a couple of weeks.
It won't be for ever and once it's done you can forget about it and get on with living together in harmony. x

Thanks Donna, im sure it will work she has just decided that my bed is her toilet! and if i can't stop it she will have to go outside and i don't want her to!

Hiya Phill, I can't understand her still doing this as she never did anything any where except her litter tray. Is it a normal cat litter tray you are using and also what litter are you using as she will not use anything else other the normal cat litter as I found out. She has always had Asda's smart price cat litter she has used this from being a baby as the old lady I took her off showed me the bag. This could well be the problem as I changed it and she did everything in a different spot until I changed it back. Just a thought and don't feel mean. If she gets too much then I will always take her back. Do you think she could also be missing the other buns as she was in contact with them 24/7 when she was here.
I can't think of anything else.
Good luck
Love
Kayxx

Thanks Kay, she has got tescos own normal cat litter. She would never get to much kay never i love her! She has just turned the bed into hers, i will get there eventually and if she doesn't stop i will put her in an outside run and she can have a boyfriend! oh whata shame i will have to get another bun! oops! :D

Maisy & Spot !:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you love her. I just can't understand why she is doing it, because you will have probably noticed but when she was here her hutch was always immaculate. I must admit she did seem to like the attention of the other buns, who knows her & Jack maybe.

:lol: :lol: Well i tried her with Molly as molls is small enough to sneak in with out my dad seeing but Grace didn't like her i think she would prefer a boy friend! Jacky is Pan new hubby so she can't have him!

I can't believe you tried her with Molly, when they were here I had just put Molly away and Grace was having a roam in the Shed when David said whats Grace doing she is making a load of noise any way when I went in Grace had somehow managed to open Molly's hutch and she was chasing her round the shed (poor Molly, Grace is 3times her size). You will just have to get another male, what about Simba :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back