• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellets

ok, mine get hay big bunch of hay in the morning which lasts them throught the day then at nite get 1/2 a small cup of pellets and freash food, i know some breeders do this oppersite, mix or pellets in the day and hay at nite either way is ok. if u think bk to the wild rabbits tent to eat early moring and early evening i find its best to keep to these times and they tend to be more relexed at mid-day and late afternoon which u could say is nap time so r less active
becky

Well I'm gonna wean them off the morning pellets and just give them in the eve - they have hay all the time and fresh greens etc at teatime! :)
Actually have just looked and Poll and Pip havent eaten very much of their pellets this morn so that settles that!! :wink:

PS I love your sig Rexy - really gorgeous!

hi

I wondered after Bev's post - how long does it take your bunnies to eat their pellets all up? Mine are gone in 5 mins - I think once they didn't eat them all up, so I took them away after 10mins - they never left them again! How long should you give them to eat their rations?

Hi All,

Im worried now....... :?

I refill the pellets every morning and leave them there with unlimited hay and water until the next day (usually none left by then though) and give veggies when I have my tea in the evenings, usually about 8pm ish. Is it ok to leave the pellets there like that?

Hiya :D

Here is Sophie's eating routine :lol:

Morning: a small amount of pellets (which she eats quickly) and loads of hay and fresh water

Evening: A bowl of veggies (She has a varied diet with her veg, :lol:) and some more hay!! :D

We make sure her hay is always full and fresh water (of course! :wink:)

sarsimp said:
PS I love your sig Rexy - really gorgeous!
thank you :D :D :D

mine take about 5 mins to eat there pellets but my lot r greedy lol and eat like theres no tomorrow every one who has rabbits off me says they can eat for england :shock: :roll: i dont starve them it just them :lol:
becky

Read the package your pellets comes in and you should find a guide on that. It's not about when or how long you leave there pellets in there (buns eat at different rates) but the quantity you give. If when you go back 24 hours later they still have pellets thats a sign your giving them too much.

A medium size healthy bun should have around 50g a day max. Whether you split that in two, feed all in one sitting, stick it in a treat ball etc. doesn't matter so much.

If a bun eats half his pellets in the morning and half his hay and the same in the evening thats still the same amount of food as all his hay in the morning and all his pellets in the evening. :D

Tam

Princess eats her pellets in about 2 mins!! She is soooo greedy! The others take their time about it and often have some left the next morning but all is usually gone within 24 hours. Veggies are gone within about 10 mins!! :)

Treacle and Fudge get half their pellets in the morning 7.30 and a plate of veg and the whole lot is gone within 5 mins!

In the evening they get the other half, they're ready for it by 6pm and get very grumpy if it's late (growling and snapping!!! :shock: ) !!!

Niamh gets her pellets ad lib as she doesn't really eat many and has a small amount of veg and Splodge has the same as he's still a baby

All of them get lots of hay topped up whenever it gets low!

Back