• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding un-neutered does

Hi all.

For the past 3 weeks Willie and Aspen have had their cages close enough for them to interact. Willie has been neutered for 5 weeks. They now get along great and I think bonding them won't take a tremendously long while. I was wondering if I should spay Aspen before combining the two? I don't want to bond them and then break the bond by her getting spayed.

I would spay her first! I currently have four girls living together and am having them all spayed at the same time and then all 5 (there husband) in the house whilst they recover!!! Def easier to have her done first and then bond!

It would be a lot easier for bonding them if both yours are neutered and far less unsettling for them if you don't have to separate them later before rebonding them.

Good luck and hopfully your preparation work you are doing at the moment will make everything so much easier when the time arrises to pair them up. It will be worth it in the end.

Janice

Back