• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

The white Goo is back! Photo added is it pasturella???

5cutebunnies

Mama Doe
Blossom had her VHD jab last thursday and has been fine. She had a thorough check up at the vets and I was told she was an extremely healthy bun.

She still seems really well in her self, pooing weeing eating all normal but ....

My Daughter heard her sneeze this morning but no runny nose. However we have cleaned them out this evening and she sneezed about three times in half an hour on her last sneeze all this white snot came down her nose, she has cleaned it off and nothing else has come down her nose since that sneeze.

Coud this be a reaction to the VHD jab or is it likely she has an infection?

I will probably take her the vets in the morning as I have a day off, its such a shame though as she really gets stressed travelling and being messed with, could the stress of last Thursday triggered this off???

Help what do you think bunny people???

aaawww.. sorry i cant help ya cos i havent a clue.
Hope she is ok tho. Mine had their VHD jabs today so i'll keep an eye on them too. Has she had a VHD jab before?

Diddeen said:
aaawww.. sorry i cant help ya cos i havent a clue.
Hope she is ok tho. Mine had their VHD jabs today so i'll keep an eye on them too. Has she had a VHD jab before?

Not that i know of I have only had her a month, she came from RSPCA where she had been for 4 months. and thats all the history they had of her.

I have just been to look at her again and there is still no sign of anymore snotty stuff. Her eyes are clear ad not running. I hope she isnt going to be poorly :cry:

maybe she got something up her nose if you were cleaning out at the time?? I really dont know.. never seen a bunny with snuffles. Hopefully someone who knows about snuffles will appear on soon.. i dont believe they are all watching the footie!

Must admit I watched Man United the other day but liverpool doesnt bother me but it is on my two sons are glued :roll:

Blossom always goes in her run when we go in the playhouse so I don't anything tickled her nose, but she seems fine except from those few sneezes and that white snot.

I just wondered with pasturella does their nose run white stuff all the time?

Was the stuff out of her nose runny of sort of cheesy? When Fern had these sorts of problems it was usually quite gloopy lumpy stuff.

Also, Fern used to sneeze loads and was always being tested for pasteurella and mostly didnt have it - we concluded that it was dust or the hay or something.

I'd wait a few days and see if she is still sneezing. Lavender sneezes occassionally but theres nothing wrong with her. I wouldn't start to worry just yet, and if a trip to the vets is going to stress her loads then I'd give it a couple of days.

Being a rescue bun I dont have much history and shes not really people friendly though she has started to come to us for food and a fuss on her terms of course. I do think another trip to the vets would really stress her out, it did on thursday.

The stuff from her nose wasnt runny it was like a lump of white snot and when she washed it off it went into a little ball on her front paws.

I will keep a close eye on her tomorrow and see how she is.

Thanks all that have replied :D

pastruella

Hi..I am not an expert but i used to "rescue" pasturella postive" bunnies, I did this as I was asked to take in some from a breeder who didn,t want them as they were of no use to breed from but they wanted a home for them, when I saw how needy they were I continued to take them in...certainly some had a white nasal discharge as you have described but it could just be an allergy..if you are still worried then get her checked out by your vet who should do a c& s which will/will not confirm. This is by no means bad news as with good care & diet they can remain symtem free..you just have to more observent...I have never regretted taking on my babies. If they do get sneezy then a short course of baytril will usually sort this out. good luck.

Would be best to take her to the vets just to make sure how is her breathing the first thing i notic on fudge his breathing was a bit faster and then the sneezers started.

Hello 5cutebunnies,

Our twiglet and eeyore have been sneezing since we got them (about 3 weeks now). And they now both have white snot that they sneeze out and then they clean themselves.

The rehoming centre we got them from have taken a swab from Twiglet and the tests came back negative for everything. The vet is now doing a culture on the sample, but we still havent heard back yet. I was worrying myself sick about them, but I can only hope that the vet and the home don't think it's too serious as they are waiting for results before prescribing baytril.

Our rabbits are still very active, inquisitive and are eating and drinking, so I've been told not to worry.

I've read on a few websites when I was researching the snuffles that a swab should be done to test for any bacteria and infection, so that the right medicine can be given. It said that some vets don't really know this and just give baytril when baytril might not actually help.

I don't know if this is true, but when I mentioned taking my rabbits to the vet about the sneezing the rehoming centre said they would come out and do the swab.

I'm sure there are other people on here more experienced with snuffles.

Are you still going to the vets tomorrow morning? I am also going to vet tomorrow for their jabs :) Let us know how it goes.

Sam

Hi 5cutebunnies, sorry I cant offer any advice, but sending big hugs anyway. I know how you feel, if it's not Poppy, its Ralf, and if it's not Ralf, its Hampton. He's having an op tomorrow, as they think he may have kidney stones, Im worried sick. :(

Sounds like pasturella symptoms Sooty had. He is on a course of Baytril and only sneezes occassionally. Vet said it might be an allergy and to leave it a few days but he became wheezy the next day and wasn't right . Took him back and he got an injection to boost him. Hes fine now and is on Avipro probio to keep his tum well. Good luck

Well Blossom seems fine so far today, I havent heard her sneeze and she hasnt got a runny nose :D Will keep an eye on her during the day.

Well I have just spent the last hour with Blossom and she really does seem fine. :D :D :D

Would love to know what that white gloop was that came down her nose yesterday.

Back