• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

The white Goo is back! Photo added is it pasturella???

Hi everyone sorry to be gross but we have just been sat with the buns in the garden and Blossom sneezed, this is what came down her nose and landed on the floor :shock:

goo.jpg

Blossom seems fine in herself, she is eating, drinking, weeing and pooing as normal.

Her eyes are clear

Her nose isnt running

Her breathing seems normal no sign of a wheeze

We have been in the garden alot today and havent noticed her sneezing till she did three sneezes all in a row about ten minutes ago and thats when that snot appeared

What do you think? Anyone with a pasturella infected bun out there?

eewww... I hope it turns out to be nothing. Afraid i cant help but just going to keep my fingers crossed

thanks sooty

will take her to the vets on tuesday but if she gets worse \i will take her tomorrow but like I said she seems reaaly well other than the odd sneeze and that goo :shock:

Its possible something irritated her nose and that caused it. I don't think its possible to tell by looking whether its pastruella or not (but thanks very much for sharing the snot anyway :roll: :lol: )

Pastruella does usually have white discharge but that doesn't mean something else couldn't too.

Just monitor how she is and then pop her to the vet if its still there Tuesday. They'd need a culture to tell whether its pastrulla or not. They'll probably put her on ab's for a couple of weeks rather then testing and then only do the test if that doesn't clear it up and they need to work out which ab to use.

Tam

Thanks Tamsin the vets would have a hard job to get a culture I think as she doesnt have a constant dribble of this goo.

She still seems fine and well this morning :D

Back