• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Currants everywhere but in the litter tray!

Sweetie

Mama Doe
Hi All,

How do you train a bun to poo in his litter tray? Elvis wee's in there but he tends to leave little presents for me elsewhere!! :shock:

Its not a problems as they are easily cleaned up but id love him to do it in his litter tray!!!

I just repeatedly swept them up and put them in his tray... it took him much longer but eventually he did all his poops in his tray. Unfortunately now i have a doe running around he's temporarily forgotten about this but is slowly going back to being a tidy buck :D

How long did it take until he was tidy?

We`ve had Elvis since the end of December and managed to train him to wee in there in no time, with the help of a treat everytime he went..... :D

Poopies can take longer for them to get the hang of. Darcy does the majority of his poops in his litter tray now. There is only the odd stray one left here and there now. Give it time, Elvis will get the hang of it soon hopefully xxxxxxxxx :D

I hope so!!

Change of subject here Romy but are you considering getting another friend for Darcy?

probably took almost 6mths/a year.. hard to remember when there was no more to clear up.. they gradually became less and less until there was never a currant out of his tray.

ooooh, ive got a bit longer to wait until i have a tidy little bun then.....its strange as he is so well behaved in all other ways....probably just rebelling against me :shock: :lol: :lol:

Sweetie said:
I hope so!!

Change of subject here Romy but are you considering getting another friend for Darcy?

I'm considering it yes! I'm only going to consider buns that I can take Darcy to meet for "blind dates/play dates" to see how they get on as he was very aggressive towards Bridget.

Sweetie said:
ooooh, ive got a bit longer to wait until i have a tidy little bun then.....its strange as he is so well behaved in all other ways....probably just rebelling against me :shock: :lol: :lol:

Bless him, he will learn soon xxxx :D

Yeah, thats probably what ill do iif i can finally decide on whether to get another bun or not. We tried Elvis with a little girl and it didnt go well :shock: :shock: :shock:

He was petrified of her, poor thing :cry: :cry:

Sweetie said:
Yeah, thats probably what ill do iif i can finally decide on whether to get another bun or not. We tried Elvis with a little girl and it didnt go well :shock: :shock: :shock:

He was petrified of her, poor thing :cry: :cry:

Ahh poor Elvis!! Darcy was just fuming the whole time she was here. He would run round my feet and try push me away and nip when I leaned over the pen to give Bridget attention. He has been acting like King Bun since she was rehomed. I do worry whether Darcy will ever accept another rabbit as he is very bonded to me I think.

Thats the problem ive got, my OH thinks its hilarious, he says Elvis is a mommys boy!!!

Elvis has been more playful and relaxed than ever since the other bun left, makes me wonder whether he really needs a friend or not. I just keep thinking of him on his own all day when im at work........ :(

Sweetie said:
Thats the problem ive got, my OH thinks its hilarious, he says Elvis is a mommys boy!!!

Elvis has been more playful and relaxed than ever since the other bun left, makes me wonder whether he really needs a friend or not. I just keep thinking of him on his own all day when im at work........ :(

I'm exactly the same. When I'm home I think we're okay as he loves one-on-one attention! But I worry that he might be lonely during the day. He is very funny about his toys though!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Its a difficult one isnt it, i really love the idea of getting another little boy but people say its difficult to bond two boys.......could send them away somewhere to be bonded but dont think i could part with my little fella.... :( :? , its bad enough when im at work.....WORK, thats where I am, must not forget!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweetie said:
Its a difficult one isnt it, i really love the idea of getting another little boy but people say its difficult to bond two boys.......could send them away somewhere to be bonded but dont think i could part with my little fella.... :( :? , its bad enough when im at work.....WORK, thats where I am, must not forget!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm thinking of trying to bond Darcy with another boy too. Lots of people have done it - Tamsin and sgprescue have a few bonded boys. Take a look at Tree's post in "your stories and pics" section - its just gorgeous!! Her two boys have fallen in love and now ignore the two girly bunnies!! :lol: :lol:

awwwww thats adorable!!! Id love to have Elvis with another little boy like that!!! Caring and grooming each other, its piccies like that that make everything worth while!! I love seeing happy buns... :D :D

Same here!!!

According to my OH Elvis is gay because he sits in the bathroom when OH has a shower :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back